Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Large job pricing up

I have been asked to price up a job it's high reach from 3 to 5 stores high for about 1/2 mile not had to price anything up like this before anyone had to price up like this 
Similar but you don't give any details for us to help. Doesn't matter that much if it's 60' by 800yds, what matters is how much glass is involved. Are there lots of windows, how big are the windows, what's access like, etc, etc. 

All with one van going to be a slog but can fill up on site 
So you can fill and continue to work? I think "a slog" is an understatement. We have a modular pole that is ideal for that type of job, Gardiners are either stopping selling them or are going to soon. One of those would save you a load of energy and you just drop a section or 2 when you go t the next level.

Hope you don't have to price the internal windows as well, hard to tell by pictures but the external windows must be a weeks work?

So you can fill and continue to work? I think "a slog" is an understatement. We have a modular pole that is ideal for that type of job, Gardiners are either stopping selling them or are going to soon. One of those would save you a load of energy and you just drop a section or 2 when you go t the next level.

Hope you don't have to price the internal windows as well, hard to tell by pictures but the external windows must be a weeks work?
That's what I thought as well a weeks work and hope for some free tickets 

Im assuming by pit straight we are talking the new one (ie: cleaning 'The Wing') rather than the old one?
At least you can hopefully get on the terrace/balcony to do the top half, and the 1st/2nd floor from on the pitlane. Not sure what access will be like from the paddock side though..
Bearing in mind the Goverment has just given them a £1m grant, im sure you can charge quite healthily!

EDIT: the paddock side is probably going to be awkward at 4-6 stories high. So as part timer says, its going to be a big pole job. That or possibly a scaffold?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back