Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How's everyone getting on??

Clarkus

Hey lads, haven't been on the forum in what seems a lifetime. Just wondering how everyone's getting on with work? Personally, since the whole Covid thing turned up I've been flat out!!! I did take a bit of an easy winter as I was completely bust but the phone hasn't stopped ringing the past few weeks. I'm tending to get a lot more roof cleaning jobs at the moment (not bad for someone with a fear of heights ?). Currently about to start employing to get through the workload ahead of me but got a feeling this is going to be a good year business wise. 

Yeah mate, the weather has been a nightmare!! I actually think I'll just stick to windows over next winter too. The weather is far to unpredictable tbh and I'd be happy just working a few days a week when it's that bad

Glad it’s going well for you both!

Still struggling to get going this year as the weather has been atrocious! But hoping by mind March we’ll be caught up and able to start growing again. 
Yes the weather has been a nightmare we had to cancel a softwashing job today as it was 50-60 mph winds we did some sheltered properties plastic cleans in stead this is now the 4 th time we have had to postpone this job due to weather , we obviously haven’t had the snow you have had but rain has been heavy and very persistent, we also have a lot of pressure washing jobs with poor drainage that we cannot do as we just wouldn't be able to get rid of the waist water , so are being held up and jobs building into a backlog ????

Yes the weather has been a nightmare we had to cancel a softwashing job today as it was 50-60 mph winds we did some sheltered properties plastic cleans in stead this is now the 4 th time we have had to postpone this job due to weather , we obviously haven’t had the snow you have had but rain has been heavy and very persistent, we also have a lot of pressure washing jobs with poor drainage that we cannot do as we just wouldn't be able to get rid of the waist water , so are being held up and jobs building into a backlog ????
Sorry man. It is frustrating! It’s doing my head in just sitting about the house. Then we get a day or two we can work then bad again. ?

Been struggling myself. Only started up a year ago and then schools closed for 6 month, then kids went back to school in Sept and their bubble had to isolate for 2 weeks just before Christmas. Then we had the Christmas holidays and school closures yet again.  Then my ex wife got coronavirus and had to self isolate for 10 days when the kids were in my care and I couldn't work for 10 days straight!

As a single parent of two primary aged school kids, I am having to take time off for homeschooling and can only work  say 10 days per month when the schools are closed.

Hopefully from 8 March, I can get cracking on with everything, whilst fitting everything around the school runs.  Between the school runs, caring for the kids and dealing with my current clients, it leaves me with no time for canvassing etc ?

I've had a great time with the extra time spent with the kids and helping with home schooling but my business targets have taken a big hit.

A bad start to the year because of snow and freezing temps, but nice a busy picking up a few jobs here and there but much better priced window cleaning jobs on the whole, I am bumping my newly priced work by around £2 on each job over what I have previously,

a 4 bed house the other day I charged the previous owner £12.50 new owners £14 and they where happy with the price, quoted another house of a decent size at £20 with £ 40 for the first clean will see if I get it they have been in there almost 2 years 

Glad it’s going well for you both!

Still struggling to get going this year as the weather has been atrocious! But hoping by mind March we’ll be caught up and able to start growing again. 
Same here, my schedule is all over the place, but hopefully by next week every thing will be back in order. As many, I have little areas of work, so disruption causes more zigzag travel and time due to not finishing a particular area on the day meaning going back  when can and so disruption. But got a good customer base, so am happy.

Been struggling myself. Only started up a year ago and then schools closed for 6 month, then kids went back to school in Sept and their bubble had to isolate for 2 weeks just before Christmas. Then we had the Christmas holidays and school closures yet again.  Then my ex wife got coronavirus and had to self isolate for 10 days when the kids were in my care and I couldn't work for 10 days straight!

As a single parent of two primary aged school kids, I am having to take time off for homeschooling and can only work  say 10 days per month when the schools are closed.

Hopefully from 8 March, I can get cracking on with everything, whilst fitting everything around the school runs.  Between the school runs, caring for the kids and dealing with my current clients, it leaves me with no time for canvassing etc ?

I've had a great time with the extra time spent with the kids and helping with home schooling but my business targets have taken a big hit.
Keep at it man. Do you have a Facebook page, website, Google listing etc? Just so folk can find you even if you can’t canvass. 

Same here, my schedule is all over the place, but hopefully by next week every thing will be back in order. As many, I have little areas of work, so disruption causes more zigzag travel and time due to not finishing a particular area on the day meaning going back  when can and so disruption. But got a good customer base, so am happy.
Im pretty much the same as this, should have done my 2 days in Fakenham on 8/9Feb but wont be there till next Tue/Wed but had a week booked off the following week so once im done next week im back on track.

Have kept my customers all upto date with hold ups via my facebook page and a txt message.

Great customers have all been understanding, even first time customers that are waiting on first clean have all been understanding.

Well hopefully working 10 days a month you have managed to cover your costs. Not many other jobs out there would do that.

Keep at it man. Do you have a Facebook page, website, Google listing etc? Just so folk can find you even if you can’t canvass. 
Yes, I have all of that. I get the occasional requests for quotes via my website. Nothing from facebook. 

Well hopefully working 10 days a month you have managed to cover your costs. Not many other jobs out there would do that.
Yes, I'm not losing money but I'm not earning anywhere near enough to enjoy the life I'm accustomed to ?

Well I've never been busier but can't spend any money on what I enjoy doing and what I'm accustomed to doing. Similar scenario due to the current circumstances.
But at least you're banking the money to enjoy later, and then some! ?

I'm privileged though. I can be flexible with my work. I don't have to sacrifice my kids education to enable me to do my work. And I know I can build up my rounds very soon. I had a target to get to my goals in 2 years, a delay won't have too much of an effect except for not being able to reach a specific objective this summer. 

Yes, I have all of that. I get the occasional requests for quotes via my website. Nothing from facebook. 

Yes, I'm not losing money but I'm not earning anywhere near enough to enjoy the life I'm accustomed to ?
Do you post regular on Facebook? I never used to bother but I’ve realised folk are more likely to contact you. Even if your stuff gets not interaction, folk will see a recent post and think ‘ohh he’s stuff active’. 

Latest Posts

Back