Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

2x 1000ltr IBCs

Had a trawl through the search bar and im not finding anything.

Does anybody produce their own water and fill 2 or more IBCs im needing to add a 2nd one to my current one, i dont want to have to keep changing pipe from one to another and i certainly dont want to run 2 ROs, like wise i dont wanna faff about using a transfer pump from one to another.

Can anybody post any pictures or videos of how you have a 1st and 2nd tank plumbed together? (If its a simple as a hole drilled in both with a bit of pipe between im gonna feel a div lol)

15 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Had a trawl through the search bar and im not finding anything.

Does anybody produce their own water and fill 2 or more IBCs im needing to add a 2nd one to my current one, i dont want to have to keep changing pipe from one to another and i certainly dont want to run 2 ROs, like wise i dont wanna faff about using a transfer pump from one to another.

Can anybody post any pictures or videos of how you have a 1st and 2nd tank plumbed together? (If its a simple as a hole drilled in both with a bit of pipe between im gonna feel a div lol)

I reckon it is that simple mate, Ive seen it with standard water butts, - pipe connected at top and when one full second one then fills. Might be something more complex but cant see it. 

Just now, ks789 said:

I reckon it is that simple mate, Ive seen it with standard water butts, - pipe connected at top and when one full second one then fills. Might be something more complex but cant see it. 

Yeah thats what i thought but im just thinking i may have been missing something on the physics side lol

3 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Yeah thats what i thought but im just thinking i may have been missing something on the physics side lol

yes better safe than sorry. Could well be something else. I noticed when i first got into the wfp theres never ending stuff to know.

I would think the bottom of the 2nd one would need to be the height of the 1st. Fill the top one and have an open pipe feeding the lower one. When lowest one is full the second will fill and have the solenoid on the top tank.

Then when you fill from the bottom tank gravity will keep it full. Probably easier ways but this is what I'd do. 

It can be as simple as having a pipe connecting them at the bottom. Water will find it's own level and they will both fill and empty equally. They can be on the same level. If you have a pipe connecting them at the bottom outlet, they need to have a breather pipe or have the lid a little loose to work though to avoid vacuum problems as the air needs to be able to move in or out also.

If you want one to fill first and then fill the other as an overflow, just have a pipe connecting the tank near the top of the first one to the bottom of the second one. 

Edited by Skxawng

Water will find its own level. You could have them side by side and link them near the top as @ks789 said, and one will overflow into the other when it's full. You would need to swap the transfer pump from one to the other to use both tanks. Or you could link them via the bottom outlets and the two tanks will fill and empty as one. I'd put a stop tap on the line between the two tanks so you can isolate one from the other if you ever needed to.

21 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

It can be as simple as having a pipe connecting them at the bottom. Water will find it's own level and they will both fill and empty equally. They can be on the same level. If you have a pipe connecting them at the bottom outlet, they need to have a breather pipe or have the lid a little loose to work though to avoid vacuum problems as the air needs to be able to move in or out also.

If you want one to fill first and then fill the other as an overflow, just have a pipe connecting the tank near the top of the first one to the bottom of the second one. 

Haha! I just repeated what you said, pretty near word for word. Sorry, I guess you posted while I was writing so I hadn't seen it. Good point about allowing air in and out. I'd forgotten that. 😁👍

Edited by Davy G
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Davy G said:

Haha! I just repeated what you said, pretty near word for word. Sorry, I guess you posted while I was writing so I hadn't seen it. Good point about allowing air in and out. I'd forgotten that. 😁👍

Great minds think alike! 😁

I don't know what the explanation is for us then.. 🤔 😂

44 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Great minds think alike! 😁

I don't know what the explanation is for us then.. 🤔 😂

Random accident of nature, I reckon. In my case anyway. I was bound to get it right at some point. Law of averages and all that. I can't answer for your good self. 😳😁

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Doddy111 said:

Where did you get those tanks pal? 

They are enduramax tanks, uprights, as you can see the room is only small, so I had to take the skirting boards off to fit them in. 

1680mmx580mm sure that was the measurement. 

16 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Thats an awesome looking set up, what rate does it produce at?

Thanks buddy,

It will produce 300litres an hour. 

31 minutes ago, DCDom said:

They are enduramax tanks, uprights, as you can see the room is only small, so I had to take the skirting boards off to fit them in. 

1680mmx580mm sure that was the measurement. 

Thanks buddy,

It will produce 300litres an hour. 

My wife would go nuts if I put that lot in the lounge 😂😂😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, Pjj said:

My wife would go nuts if I put that lot in the lounge 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, exactly why I had to get office space, its only 5 mins from me, so vans stay there, staff parking etc, away we go!! 

On 25/02/2021 at 07:09, Davy G said:

I was bound to get it right at some point. Law of averages and all that. I can't answer for your good self. 😳😁

See miracles do happen 🤣👍

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.