Jump to content

Pure water leaving runs ?


rafterys2003

Recommended Posts

rafterys2003

Hi Guys

New topic today was just wondering if anyone had experienced problems on certain windows using pure water. Had a customer today telling me that there were runs on the glass after I cleaned them. Went round to check and there were spotted runs on the windows. It was after the first clean so I thought maybe it's due to that but I cleaned some again to check but it left the same problem. No vents but the windows do have those tiny holes on the frames which I have experienced runs from in the past but it's not just down the middle where the hole is it seems to be from edge to edge. I'm using a standard brush with a rinse bar not had this problem before and unfortunately it looks like I've lost a customer because of it. Water TDS is 000ppm so I'm a bit baffled. Any ideas why this could happen guys ?

Thanks 

 

 

Link to post
28 minutes ago, rafterys2003 said:

Hi Guys

New topic today was just wondering if anyone had experienced problems on certain windows using pure water. Had a customer today telling me that there were runs on the glass after I cleaned them. Went round to check and there were spotted runs on the windows. It was after the first clean so I thought maybe it's due to that but I cleaned some again to check but it left the same problem. No vents but the windows do have those tiny holes on the frames which I have experienced runs from in the past but it's not just down the middle where the hole is it seems to be from edge to edge. I'm using a standard brush with a rinse bar not had this problem before and unfortunately it looks like I've lost a customer because of it. Water TDS is 000ppm so I'm a bit baffled. Any ideas why this could happen guys ?

Thanks 

 

 

Sounds like the frames weren't cleaned good enough.

First cleans you need to take the time to get those frames really good.

 

Link to post
rafterys2003

I did actually used to be cleaned traditionally. What would be the solution if this is the case ?

 

Thanks

Link to post
39 minutes ago, rafterys2003 said:

I did actually used to be cleaned traditionally. What would be the solution if this is the case ?

 

Thanks

Plenty of agitation of the rubbers and rinse

  • Agree 2
Link to post

There will always be windows that suffer from tracking marks, you just have to learn to spot them and take appropriate action.

I leave them enough time to dribble then go back and give them a brush on rinse but not touching the top seal.

Link to post
1 hour ago, rafterys2003 said:

Hi Guys

New topic today was just wondering if anyone had experienced problems on certain windows using pure water. Had a customer today telling me that there were runs on the glass after I cleaned them. Went round to check and there were spotted runs on the windows. It was after the first clean so I thought maybe it's due to that but I cleaned some again to check but it left the same problem. No vents but the windows do have those tiny holes on the frames which I have experienced runs from in the past but it's not just down the middle where the hole is it seems to be from edge to edge. I'm using a standard brush with a rinse bar not had this problem before and unfortunately it looks like I've lost a customer because of it. Water TDS is 000ppm so I'm a bit baffled. Any ideas why this could happen guys ?

Thanks 

 

 

I’ve a similar thing with customers window. Her last window cleaner had the same issue and she binned him off because of it. All I do after cleaning is wipe the frame where the pinholes are bleeding out and the glass an inch below it then rinse the rest of the glass as normal. 

Link to post

Some windows can be problematic evan after many cleans , my advice would be clean the window frame and the glass rinse move on to the next window and do the same, once the previous window frame is reasonably dry ( stopped running water down the glass ) then just clean the glass carefully not getting water on the frames rinse carefully this I have found will give spot free results . 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
8 hours ago, Pjj said:

Some windows can be problematic evan after many cleans , my advice would be clean the window frame and the glass rinse move on to the next window and do the same, once the previous window frame is reasonably dry ( stopped running water down the glass ) then just clean the glass carefully not getting water on the frames rinse carefully this I have found will give spot free results . 

I do exactly this too. Over time, you remember which panes on your round do this and becomes second nature.

@rafterys2003 For that particular customer, just use a glass cloth and wipe the streak at the end. Double-check the windows on the next couple of cleans and you'll be fine 👍

Link to post

You say you use a rinse bar, you sure that’s not hitting above the top frame and dragging dirt down. Just a thought. Those holes are a pain. I tend to clean those downwards, if you get water up them they drain for a while, so that might be another solution, but also any of the above already mentioned. 

Link to post

Our lounge window is the worst I've come across. That window has been cleaned Wfp for at least 15 years. 

It still leaves a row of white spots down the glass. If I run my finger along the dry window frame advice the glass I get a chalky residue on my finger. 

Some windows will never come right. We have a couple on the round we quickly clean and then blade off. 

Most of us do have issues with Windows that have 2 or 3 to openers above a large glass pane below. A fellow window cleaner once binned all his customers who had these type of windows as very few aren't problematic.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
10 hours ago, spruce said:

Our lounge window is the worst I've come across. That window has been cleaned Wfp for at least 15 years. 

It still leaves a row of white spots down the glass. If I run my finger along the dry window frame advice the glass I get a chalky residue on my finger. 

Some windows will never come right. We have a couple on the round we quickly clean and then blade off. 

Most of us do have issues with Windows that have 2 or 3 to openers above a large glass pane below. A fellow window cleaner once binned all his customers who had these type of windows as very few aren't problematic.

My living room window is the same, always has me questioning myself if I can even clean windows properly 😂

  • Agree 2
Link to post
rafterys2003

Thanks guys but doesn't matter anymore she wouldn't let me try and sort it out so never mind.

Link to post
5 hours ago, rafterys2003 said:

Thanks guys but doesn't matter anymore she wouldn't let me try and sort it out so never mind.

From past experience we know what that meant. She only wanted a one off and this was the excuse to 'cancel' you.

  • Agree 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.