Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Best water pressure

smearclear

I have a 100psi surflow pump i have it at 4 and Half  We have a 650 litre tank two pumps do you think 4 and half is to high and a waist of water. What number do you have your pump on and why.

On 25/02/2021 at 23:21, smearclear said:

I have a 100psi surflow pump i have it at 4 and Half  We have a 650 litre tank two pumps do you think 4 and half is to high and a waist of water. What number do you have your pump on and why.

What's best for you is what counts. A lower flow means less water usage during the scrubbing phase of cleaning the window but rinsing will take longer.

On some windows having a lower flow might even mean higher water usage because you take longer to rinse the window.

You need to experiment as see what works best for you.

I had a monthly clean that could only be done on a Saturday or Sunday when there was no one about. On that building there is a row of ground floor windows that gets the day sun. I spent many weekend cleans playing about with water flow, different brushes, number of passes during the scrubbing phase and rinsing on and then off the glass. A did this over a period of time. I could go back to those windows and check the results before I finished the clean of the rest of the windows in the building that day.

We live on the north coast and get a lot of salt sea spray on the windows. Ships waiting to load and unload cargo at Teesport anchor out in the bay and we sometimes get an oily residue from their exhausts blow in.

Your working environment will be different to ours. You might even have more continuous environmental pollution than we do. I do know the Windie who I helped many years ago when he had no van has part of his round inland and those windows were much easier and quicker to clean than mine are.

Water usage also has a lot to do with the equipment you are using. Fan jets can save you water. Pencil jets trend to use more water but give a better rinse flow imo. I don't like fan jets but others prefer them over pencils. One man's meat it's another man's poison.

Water temperature can make a difference to controller settings. So we get a faster flow when the water is warmer in summer than when it's much colder in winter.

The flow rate is more restricted through microbore hose than it is through minibore hose.

Edited by spruce

By the way @smearclearthere is a difference between water pressure and water flow although they a related. The higher the water pressure the higher the flow up to a point.

When you say your controller dial is set at 4 then you are talking about flow not pressure.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.