Moss & Algae removal

smearclear

What would you say is the best for getting off Algae or moss on conservatries or window frames.  I know a good scrub  with brush, but  is there any thing that makes it easer.

@Dave B recommends bleach in a spray bottle, I have one job 6 weekly that has become a pia the conny is about 20 years old or more and algae has built up and leaches out of the beading around the glazed units, 

Today I am going to add about a teaspoon of bleach to a small spray bottle with water in and spray the frames down, I'll be using my Xtreme medium sill brush and it's a decent scrubber. 

6 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

@Dave B recommends bleach in a spray bottle, I have one job 6 weekly that has become a pia the conny is about 20 years old or more and algae has built up and leaches out of the beading around the glazed units, 

Today I am going to add about a teaspoon of bleach to a small spray bottle with water in and spray the frames down, I'll be using my Xtreme medium sill brush and it's a decent scrubber. 

If it's old watch the rubbers don't bleed.

Put about an inch of bleach in spray bottle and fill with water or it won't be strong enough. 

14 minutes ago, Dave B said:

If it's old watch the rubbers don't bleed.

Put about an inch of bleach in spray bottle and fill with water or it won't be strong enough. 

No rubbers mate, just external beading.

I cleaned a job yesterday the white window frames have loads of black runs on them looks an absolute mess the windows must be over 25 years old but the owner isn't wanting to change the windows so I ain't messing about on that job as it would be a restoration of the frames and they would look no better in a few weeks as the rubbers are knackered. 

AlgoeClear is safe to use around plants, as it doesn't damage them. We use it on render and conservatories. Great because it carries on working when you have left so no heavy scrubbing is needed.

4 hours ago, mop-n-scrim said:

AlgoeClear is safe to use around plants, as it doesn't damage them. We use it on render and conservatories. Great because it carries on working when you have left so no heavy scrubbing is needed.

Sorry to disagree but algo clear  pro will kill plants , think you need to read there data sheets hear is an extract below 

72A6BF57-A643-4594-B4ED-1CC69CE75B9D.png