Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biocide upsell......

Morning all. 
do any of you upsell a biocide treatment after cleaning? To slow down the return of algae in heavily affected areas. 
Does it work? Is it a case of spray and leave it?

unfortunately i think there will always be a need for hypo as i cant see me selling a slow clean to anyone, everyone wants instant results. However i am trying to educate myself more and more about different options. 

are benz the go to guys for biocide? 

thanks 

From my experimenting on my own property I haven’t found any biocide to  give a preventative or slow down of re growth , I did try selling this to customers but found it didn’t last any longer , @kevinc250 is the expert on this , both bio and hypo have there place  depending what needs doing , ime still learning after 15 years or so of soft washing ???

Thanks for all the help over the past year pjj, youre an absolute ledge!!?

i was hoping for a different answer though ? haha. Saves me wasting money though i suppose, i guess you cant stop nature!

It would be a waste of time up here because it rains every second day. Throw in all the spores from trees and nothing will prevent it. That's why we are so busy PW, I even have a roof to PW this week.

I cleaned my back slabs with hypo then put some bio down on one of the slabs all rest went green prity quick apart from the one i put bio on this was a shady area that did not get much sun on im south west area tho 

I cleaned my back slabs with hypo then put some bio down on one of the slabs all rest went green prity quick apart from the one i put bio on this was a shady area that did not get much sun on im south west area tho 
Which bio did you use mate? Ive found on my own house that using hypo gives me longer lasting clean than just pressure washing. 

Morning all. 
do any of you upsell a biocide treatment after cleaning? To slow down the return of algae in heavily affected areas. 
Does it work? Is it a case of spray and leave it?

unfortunately i think there will always be a need for hypo as i cant see me selling a slow clean to anyone, everyone wants instant results. However i am trying to educate myself more and more about different options. 

are benz the go to guys for biocide? 

thanks 
i personally won't biocide after cleaning a patio or path etc (i don't generally touch roofs as its too much hassle and hard work-i'm lazy as i get older), nowadays i allways use the benz lightning cleanze or blackwash as it was known as it just gives me the results i want in a short time-ok its more expensive than hypo but its way cheaper when you factor into the time involved when doing the job, anyway, think of this @pressurewasher you just hypo'd the death out of say a roof, its clean/sterile and nothing is left alive on the surface so why, add another treatment as in ddac to a wet surface that won't sink into the material as its wet through from rinsing hypo away it will  at best, lay on the surface ready to be washed away when the next rain comes or it just goes straight into the guttering and away.

its far better to say that i would call in say three months time to add an additional treatment to slow down the re-growth of any alghi and add that to the quote, you've just then turned upsell into aftercare and aftercare is a yearly business requiring little input on your part say from turning up and spraying ddac and driving away to the next job and doing quite well from it, think of those grass care people that have turned a yearly care into a year long monthly visit business.

i've a job to look at tommorrow that would prove helpfull for you in your aftersales and i'll take some pics for you

Latest Posts

Back