Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Connectors for half inch hose

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good evening fellow windies.

Anyone have a link please to a connector (not hozlelock connectors) that connects half inch hose (garden hose) to mini bore hose.

I’m after the brass type, similar to the repair connectors. Thanks 

Thanks guys. It’s for the inner connections of my reels.

I use microbore, but always buy mini bore rectus fittings etc and heat up the hose so I get a nice snug fit.

The inner cog of my reels has a brass tube which standard garden hose fits on perfectly. Then obviously I have to convert that to fit my microbore. At the moment I’m using hozlelock type connectors, but they have an annoying habit of dripping.

So on that table of connectors, which one would you suggest is slightly to big for the garden hose and the microbore please? I’ll heat up the hose and squeeze the fittings in ?

Thanks guys. It’s for the inner connections of my reels.

I use microbore, but always buy mini bore rectus fittings etc and heat up the hose so I get a nice snug fit.

The inner cog of my reels has a brass tube which standard garden hose fits on perfectly. Then obviously I have to convert that to fit my microbore. At the moment I’m using hozlelock type connectors, but they have an annoying habit of dripping.

So on that table of connectors, which one would you suggest is slightly to big for the garden hose and the microbore please? I’ll heat up the hose and squeeze the fittings in ?
13mm is slightly bigger than 1/2". 1/2" is 12.7mm. That's fine. We have always used 6mm female stop EZ Snap fittings on microbore and 8mm on minibore. We have never had a leakage issue using double ear O Clips.

I also have a leaking inner hose clamp which I need to change from a single ear to double ear O Clip which I find better tbh.

There is always this but stretching 6mm microbore to an 8mm hose barb isn't something I would do unless forced to. It creates a weakness at the stretch point.

https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/13mm--8mm-12---516-brass-reducer-hose-connector-joiner-1338-p.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
13mm is slightly bigger than 1/2". 1/2" is 12.7mm. That's fine. We have always used 6mm female stop EZ Snap fittings on microbore and 8mm on minibore. We have never had a leakage issue using double ear O Clips.

I also have a leaking inner hose clamp which I need to change from a single ear to double ear O Clip which I find better tbh.

There is always this but stretching 6mm microbore to an 8mm hose barb isn't something I would do unless forced to. It creates a weakness at the stretch point.

https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/13mm--8mm-12---516-brass-reducer-hose-connector-joiner-1338-p.asp
Thanks @spruce. I’ve always used 8mm fittings with microbore with success. 
I don’t like the double eared clips as I think they’re a pain to remove and catch on everything. I use small jubilee clips which are far easier I.m.o. ?

Back