Jump to content

WFP startup kit.


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Looking to start with wfp ,after looked around some places gather kit, it would be great if someone could help to sort it out. Believe that this post will help someone in the future.
1. 650 LITRE WATER TANK, UPRIGHT, BAFFLED 
2. Water Genie V16 & Shurflo Pump Panel
3. 6mm Micro hose 100m
4. Split relay 140amp
5. 4040 Mobile RO System Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning WITH Booster Pump (Water output 300psi / 330-350 TDS)
6. CLX22 (Not sure about which adaptor i really need)
7. Battery recommendation also would be great.
 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Acula said:

Hi all,

Looking to start with wfp ,after looked around some places gather kit, it would be great if someone could help to sort it out. Believe that this post will help someone in the future.
1. 650 LITRE WATER TANK, UPRIGHT, BAFFLED 
2. Water Genie V16 & Shurflo Pump Panel
3. 6mm Micro hose 100m
4. Split relay 140amp
5. 4040 Mobile RO System Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning WITH Booster Pump (Water output 300psi / 330-350 TDS)
6. CLX22 (Not sure about which adaptor i really need)
7. Battery recommendation also would be great.
 

1. Payload of van important as is positioning the tank in the van. Consider Purefreedom 650 upright tank with stainless steel crash tested frame. Unit can be tailored to your specification but is designed around 'plug and play'concept.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/650L-FULLY-FITTED-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-SYSTEM/250667389976?hash=item3a5cf0d418:g:KwYAAOxyOM5RZNvm

6. Gardiners sell EZ Snap connectors. Female stop connector with 6mm hose tail for microbore. 5mm male connector for the pole hose. Correct size O clips.

7. Class B battery with CCA rating if you are accessories with heavy power drain such as an electric hose reel and/or diesel heater.

Otherwise a standard Class B battery would be better.

Class A will usually include more expensive AGM batteries but you would need a battery 2 battery charger in place of a split charge relay. The B2B charger must be programed to charge AGM batteries. If you bench charge them as well then you will need a charger that is suitable to charge AGM batteries. 

 

Edited by spruce
Link to post
21 hours ago, Acula said:

6. CLX22 (Not sure about which adaptor i really need)

It's worth paying a little extra for an SLX-22 - it'll mean less aches & pains at the end of the day.

Link to post
On 27/02/2021 at 20:16, spruce said:

1. Payload of van important as is positioning the tank in the van. Consider Purefreedom 650 upright tank with stainless steel crash tested frame. Unit can be tailored to your specification but is designed around 'plug and play'concept.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/650L-FULLY-FITTED-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING-SYSTEM/250667389976?hash=item3a5cf0d418:g:KwYAAOxyOM5RZNvm

6. Gardiners sell EZ Snap connectors. Female stop connector with 6mm hose tail for microbore. 5mm male connector for the pole hose. Correct size O clips.

7. Class B battery with CCA rating if you are accessories with heavy power drain such as an electric hose reel and/or diesel heater.

Otherwise a standard Class B battery would be better.

Class A will usually include more expensive AGM batteries but you would need a battery 2 battery charger in place of a split charge relay. The B2B charger must be programed to charge AGM batteries. If you bench charge them as well then you will need a charger that is suitable to charge AGM batteries. 

 

Payload will be alright it Renault Traffic . As mentioned i thinking about portable or static but outside van. Water from my household 4Bar / 12L/Min 350TDS max water so thinking about this :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4040-Mobile-RO-System-Water-Fed-Pole-Window-Cleaning-WITH-Booster-Pump/362928618352?hash=item54803b3b70:g:nHMAAOSw~3xfRke6
Tried to look at https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm but they down for a bit.
Like advised read  about SLX so choose to buy SLX instead of CLX , took Carbon gooseneck "10 -55 degrees
Ultimate Dupont tapertec hybrid with 1.4mm pencil jets ,reinforced flexible pole hose with univalve and EZ snap male plug and in addition will buy female stop connector for micro.
Don't have any electric reel or diesel heater so took simple class b battery 100ah :
https://batteryfactory.co.uk/products/banner-leisure-battery-95751-12v-100-110ah-energy-bull?variant=21372271001659&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&currency=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-YSisGhUvJU1c1zXtme34c3aq_ECaUulvDgc1qVOfMkHqAw_z28LwaAhx5EALw_wcB


 

Capture.PNG

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Acula said:

Payload will be alright it Renault Traffic . As mentioned i thinking about portable or static but outside van. Water from my household 4Bar / 12L/Min 350TDS max water so thinking about this :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4040-Mobile-RO-System-Water-Fed-Pole-Window-Cleaning-WITH-Booster-Pump/362928618352?hash=item54803b3b70:g:nHMAAOSw~3xfRke6
Tried to look at https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm but they down for a bit.
Like advised read  about SLX so choose to buy SLX instead of CLX , took Carbon gooseneck "10 -55 degrees
Ultimate Dupont tapertec hybrid with 1.4mm pencil jets ,reinforced flexible pole hose with univalve and EZ snap male plug and in addition will buy female stop connector for micro.
Don't have any electric reel or diesel heater so took simple class b battery 100ah :
https://batteryfactory.co.uk/products/banner-leisure-battery-95751-12v-100-110ah-energy-bull?variant=21372271001659&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&currency=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-YSisGhUvJU1c1zXtme34c3aq_ECaUulvDgc1qVOfMkHqAw_z28LwaAhx5EALw_wcB


 

Capture.PNG

All looks sensible - I guess @doug atkinson at Daqua will be back very soon - I would say go with his kit as then you have great backup. 

You do seem to have had a good look at kit. Wondering why chose a carbon gooseneck? While they are good for certain jobs they don't give you any flexibility when you have to be close to a window or say a dorma or velux when you need less of an angle? Also 1.4mm pencil jets are not that common especially with a decent van mount system where you have a decent supply of pure. I think they are mainly used on backpacks but everyone has their preferences. You do realise that the valve on the pole hose isn't a univalve but a standard tap? I don't think Gardiners sell univalves. 

Link to post

I would go with Daqua or pure freedom they do good R O systems. Mines from Pure freedom but I now buy all my filters from Daqua. Didn’t know about Doug when I got my system. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, ched999uk said:

All looks sensible - I guess @doug atkinson at Daqua will be back very soon - I would say go with his kit as then you have great backup. 

You do seem to have had a good look at kit. Wondering why chose a carbon gooseneck? While they are good for certain jobs they don't give you any flexibility when you have to be close to a window or say a dorma or velux when you need less of an angle? Also 1.4mm pencil jets are not that common especially with a decent van mount system where you have a decent supply of pure. I think they are mainly used on backpacks but everyone has their preferences. You do realise that the valve on the pole hose isn't a univalve but a standard tap? I don't think Gardiners sell univalves. 

I really waiting for him to come back.

 

I choose carbon one just purely from general sense if I can say like this , really take any advice for this. My main target domestics and I'm thinking 3 brushes and few adapters once I gain bigger round or face some difficulties I will invest more for those.

e.e.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Acula said:

I really waiting for him to come back.

 

I choose carbon one just purely from general sense if I can say like this , really take any advice for this. My main target domestics and I'm thinking 3 brushes and few adapters once I gain bigger round or face some difficulties I will invest more for those.

e.e.

 The brush stock should be parallel to the glass to ensure maximum bristles contact the glass. So if you have a dorma or a velux then your pole will be closer to horizontal so to get the brush stock parallel to the glass the angle needs to be very different to say working on ground floor up close to glass. With a carbon fibre gooseneck you have zero adjustment on angle. If you want a carbon gooseneck by all means get one but also get a standard gooseneck as they are only £10 and will give you an idea on adjustment. 

Personally I would say carbon goosenecks are for very tall poles or to get over things like a 3rd story window that has a bay below. or very recessed windows.

There are lots of way more qualified people on here than me but hopefully I have given you something to think about.  

Link to post

I replaced my 9 year old SLX22 with an SLX27. Now I can reach those bedroom windows in the loft space which are becoming more popular in our part of the world.

Link to post

i use a 10in carbon gooseneck for my regular estate work on the end of my 25ft xtreme pole....coupled with an xtreme brush its the lightest/easiest WFP set up for the lots of awkward windows i have to clean over connys and extensions,etc.....

Link to post
1 minute ago, dazmond said:

i use a 10in carbon gooseneck for my regular estate work on the end of my 25ft xtreme pole....coupled with an xtreme brush its the lightest/easiest WFP set up for the lots of awkward windows i have to clean over connys and extensions,etc.....

Do you not find having a fixed angle a problem?

Link to post
5 hours ago, Acula said:

Payload will be alright it Renault Traffic . As mentioned i thinking about portable or static but outside van. Water from my household 4Bar / 12L/Min 350TDS max water so thinking about this :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4040-Mobile-RO-System-Water-Fed-Pole-Window-Cleaning-WITH-Booster-Pump/362928618352?hash=item54803b3b70:g:nHMAAOSw~3xfRke6
Tried to look at https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm but they down for a bit.
Like advised read  about SLX so choose to buy SLX instead of CLX , took Carbon gooseneck "10 -55 degrees
Ultimate Dupont tapertec hybrid with 1.4mm pencil jets ,reinforced flexible pole hose with univalve and EZ snap male plug and in addition will buy female stop connector for micro.
Don't have any electric reel or diesel heater so took simple class b battery 100ah :
https://batteryfactory.co.uk/products/banner-leisure-battery-95751-12v-100-110ah-energy-bull?variant=21372271001659&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&currency=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-YSisGhUvJU1c1zXtme34c3aq_ECaUulvDgc1qVOfMkHqAw_z28LwaAhx5EALw_wcB


 

Capture.PNG

The 2700 version has a payload of just over 1000kgs.

The 2900 pas a payload of just over 1200 kgs.

PureFreedom will fit a 650l tank in a 2900 as they have done a few over the years.

Personally the 2700 doesn't leave much left over for additional equipment, driver and passenger etc.

Link to post
43 minutes ago, spruce said:

I replaced my 9 year old SLX22 with an SLX27. Now I can reach those bedroom windows in the loft space which are becoming more popular in our part of the world.

We have a SLX25 pole and it's amazing how many windows it doesn't quite reach whereas the CLX27 does comfortably

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We have a SLX25 pole and it's amazing how many windows it doesn't quite reach whereas the CLX27 does comfortably

The SLX27 is also shorter (collapsed length)  than an SLX25!!

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We have a SLX25 pole and it's amazing how many windows it doesn't quite reach whereas the CLX27 does comfortably

My daughter has one of these master bedroom and en suit in the roof space. When I clean her top windows I have to fire up the SLX40 as I can't reach them with my SLX22.

My son has an SLX25 and he can just reach those windows. He is about 6" taller than I am. I couldn't reach them with his SLX25 if he isn't with me. I reached those windows quite comfortably this morning working on my own.

  • Like 3
Link to post
On 27/02/2021 at 17:59, Acula said:

Hi all,

Looking to start with wfp ,after looked around some places gather kit, it would be great if someone could help to sort it out. Believe that this post will help someone in the future.
1. 650 LITRE WATER TANK, UPRIGHT, BAFFLED 
2. Water Genie V16 & Shurflo Pump Panel
3. 6mm Micro hose 100m
4. Split relay 140amp
5. 4040 Mobile RO System Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning WITH Booster Pump (Water output 300psi / 330-350 TDS)
6. CLX22 (Not sure about which adaptor i really need)
7. Battery recommendation also would be great.
 

4. The split charge relay could be a problem if you have a later model van with a smart type of charging system.

Sterling UK report that they have seen Renault's reach a charging voltage of 17v. If this is true of your van then a charge voltage of that amount will cook a leisure battery. A maintenance free leisure battery should only be charged at, 14.2v.

So before you buy a split charge relay I would investigate just how your alternator charging cycle works.

Link to post
12 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Do you not find having a fixed angle a problem?

No....I use the 55degree version so it's easier to clean sills when your cleaning upper windows close to the building...for set back upper windows I just adjust  the pole angle...its so light it's the easiest way to wfp

Link to post
9 hours ago, dazmond said:

No....I use the 55degree version so it's easier to clean sills when your cleaning upper windows close to the building...for set back upper windows I just adjust  the pole angle...its so light it's the easiest way to wfp

The plastic adjustable goose neck isn’t heavy , the carbon ones are fine for poles 35 feet and above but I don’t think they are really suited for shorter poles doing lower work or funny angles over conservatories , I find the plastic adjustable ones with the swivel works really well on lower poles doing awkward windows  and narrow alley ways . 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.