Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Is Halfords TFR any good?

Inked

Hi guys

I've got a conservatory glass (I think) roof to clean on Monday so don't have any time to order anything online.

I don't want to show up to a roof that needs a bit more than a WFP scrub.

I've looked on Screwfix to see if there's anything I could spray on it first but I can't see anything.

I come across this on Halfords:

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-shampoo/carplan-trade-super-tfr-5l-703633.html

It only works out about £12 but has anyone used it ?

We use TFR and have never had a problem. Never used this one though. As long as you wet the roof first and only cover a couple of panels at a time, dont let it dry, you should be ok.

Machine Mart do a TFR, not the already diluted, which is less toxic but fine for conny roofs. Dilute 1 in 10

9 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We use TFR and have never had a problem. Never used this one though. As long as you wet the roof first and only cover a couple of panels at a time, dont let it dry, you should be ok.

Machine Mart do a TFR, not the already diluted, which is less toxic but fine for conny roofs. Dilute 1 in 10

Thanks 😉

I don't have a machine mart near me.

There is a heavy duty degreaser in Screwfix that some reviews say is good for conservatory roofs as it can be diluted but I don't think I'll risk it.

3 minutes ago, Inked said:

Thanks 😉

I don't have a machine mart near me.

There is a heavy duty degreaser in Screwfix that some reviews say is good for conservatory roofs as it can be diluted but I don't think I'll risk it.

Quite a few on here use it I think. As long as you dilute it, wet the roof and don't let it dry it will be fine. If it is a glass roof use customers tap and  plenty of water then rinse with pure 

14 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Have a look at screwfix degreaser https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-heavy-duty-degreaser-5ltr/88668

Says fine on glass and plastic but not Perspex!!! 

Thanks.

I was looking at that but I had a bad feeling about using a degreaser as I think of the engine degreasers that are used in garages. Although this one does seem to be water based.

Just now, Inked said:

Edited by Inked
53 minutes ago, Inked said:

Thanks.

I was looking at that but I had a bad feeling about using a degreaser as I think of the engine degreasers that are used in garages. Although this one does seem to be water based.

I have read people use it and it does say it's good on plastics but when I read the reply where is said about cloudy perspex that would worry me too. If it were a glass roof then it should be OK but if you have alternatives then screwfix degreaser is a last alternative.

2 hours ago, ched999uk said:

I have read people use it and it does say it's good on plastics but when I read the reply where is said about cloudy perspex that would worry me too. If it were a glass roof then it should be OK but if you have alternatives then screwfix degreaser is a last alternative.

Thanks .

I found a small amount of truck wash in my shed so I'll get by with that for tomorrow as that dilutes to 100:1. But I'll need to get some new stuff after this job.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.