Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tricky glass....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hoops

Right lads....

We have cleaned these windows for the past 8 months, on the first visit we cleaned them with WFP and realized the water didn’t sheet off so assumed hydrophobic glass and rinsed thoroughly. We noticed that there was residue or something still on it and they looked awful once dry so we then used Ubik as we thought they appeared greasy. Still didn’t come up perfect. We then trad cleaned them and every pass with the squeegee showed pull lines. The windows look pretty new and if you wipe your finger along any of the panes it shows a steam like shadow you don’t see with others. 

After cleaning these windows yesterday we noticed the same problem which eliminates grease or bbq contaminant as we cleaned them again in 4 different ways (WFP, Ubik, Trad, Buffed).

The windows feel slightly sticky, slightly more resistant than normal windows. They look normal but are a pain in the ass to clean. Have any of you come across this? Are there any fixes to this? Don’t fancy going through the same process every visit.

Cheers lads 

CD575849-C60B-490A-B5A9-45F0FF8A12B6.jpeg

Silicone grease or oil is nasty stuff when it gets on glass or our tools.  I've come across it a few times and it's never been a good experience.  I've had some silicone beading on a window break down into a greasy substance that almost resulted in me throwing an otherwise perfectly good brush away.  Thankfully it was only one window.

Back