Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WHICH RO SYSTEM

Give Doug a ring and explain what you need he’s a good fair and honest guy and only sells quality stuff he doesn’t just look for  a sale but is happy to give advice . 

hi chaps, im really keen on Daquas ro system, the newest one on the website, ive tried and tried to post the link but its beyond me. its a stainless steel portable system which would suit me down to the ground. is this system good bad or indifferent, i really need something simple to operate

https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm
If Doug is selling it it will be good, you don't however tell us how much water you need to produce and why you want a portable one. As @Pjj said give @doug atkinsona ring and ask him.

im buying about 25kg of resin per 8 weeks, about 600 annually. the portable side of it, im limited to how much water i can carry in my van, also it would be handy to refill for the afternoon

If Doug is selling it it will be good, you don't however tell us how much water you need to produce and why you want a portable one. As @Pjj said give @doug atkinsona ring and ask him.

im buying about 25kg of resin per 8 weeks, about 600 annually. the portable side of it, im limited to how much water i can carry in my van, also it would be handy to refill for the afternoon

You need to know your tap TDS, approximate water pressure and water flow ( volume of water ) to determine what will be the most cost efficient way of producing pure , if you have a garage or shed put the filtration in that with an IBC tank and then pump the pure into your van 

hi chaps, im really keen on Daquas ro system, the newest one on the website, ive tried and tried to post the link but its beyond me. its a stainless steel portable system which would suit me down to the ground. is this system good bad or indifferent, i really need something simple to operate

https://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm
My question would be concerning the carbon filter. I would always go for a twin prefilter, one sediment and the other carbon block.

It looks like that is a single carbon block than doubles as a sediment filter. If your water is sediment free then that's ok. It's isn't.

Why portable? My 4040 products around 2 lpm of pure. A 4021 produces about 1/2 of what a 4040 produces as it's half the size.

Your not telling us what your tap tds is, can you not produce pure into a storage tank? you may not need as much on a R/O depending on what your tds is. 

If you are full time and using a 25kg bag of resin every 8 weeks than your tds maybe similar to mine of around 075ppm then you don't need to spend £762 on a 4021 R/O 

Your not telling us what your tap tds is, can you not produce pure into a storage tank? you may not need as much on a R/O depending on what your tds is. 

If you are full time and using a 25kg bag of resin every 8 weeks than your tds maybe similar to mine of around 075ppm then you don't need to spend £762 on a 4021 R/O 
indeed my tds is around 75-80 ppm. ive got a ibc storage tank, the reason for the RO system is i thought it would keep resin costs down,am i wrong in thinking that

indeed my tds is around 75-80 ppm. ive got a ibc storage tank, the reason for the RO system is i thought it would keep resin costs down,am i wrong in thinking that
It will save you money but you're looking at a very niche R/O system that might be way more fancy then you need, it might also not be quick enough for you either.

It will but all you need is a standard R/O which is at the bottom of the page you linked which is £195 including the vat and delivery, I would also buy Pentek CFB-PLUS10 Fibredyne and Sediment Filter combo from Doug as well I always buy x3 

The R/O doesn't produce all that fast this time of year mine is taking about 12 hours to produce 350ltrs of pure, but if you have a 1000ltr ibc you can just let it run until the tank is full then run it how often you need to to keep it topped up. 

You won't need to buy any resin ever again!! 

just like to thank everyone for keeping me right, phoned doug@aqua, so all sorted. once again thank you all i really appreciate all your input.

Latest Posts

Back