Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Liquidator 3.0

I couldn't really see much difference in their promo between it and the 2.0. Usual buzzwords about redesign/patented etc but not much else. Also I have used their blue rubber and imo it's nowhere in the same bracket as the green unger.

I couldn't really see much difference in their promo between it and the 2.0. Usual buzzwords about redesign/patented etc but not much else. Also I have used their blue rubber and imo it's nowhere in the same bracket as the green unger.
Can't get on with a moerman with the blue rubber at all. I only use unger pro soft. I havent tried the green rubber yet.

As I understand it the new end clips hold the rubber more firmly which is a good thing except if you favour Ettore rubber which is a bit thicker.

The bit that worries me is that they are supposed to put less pressure on the end of the rubber which might be a step backward?

I have a 10" 2.0 so when my new channel arrives I can do a direct comparison between the two.

The new channel arrived this morning. The metal channel is the same except for a notch in the middle and the writing.

The back of the end clips are tighter to the rubber to better hold it in place. The front of the clip  looks like it is slightly less angled than the 2.0.

Does it work? Too early to say really, I have tried it on a couple of windows with not instantly great results but maybe the rubber needs bedding in? Will test more tomorrow.

Spent a little time cleaning and re-cleaning my back doors this evening, happy to say the channel works fine, the end clips are good, zero detailing is still a reality.

Blue rubber, not there yet, maybe it's a bit too cold? The black rubber seems to have the edge but that has already been used a few times.

Unger green rubber imo is by far the best on the market followed by Ettore master rubber, that blue moerman rubber is awful.  Pulls and drags across the glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run with Ettore in all my channels for years, a very reliable rubber.
Brilliant rubber so smooth. Unger Green though has surpassed them imo, not only does it have the same smooth glide over the glass but it's so durable so you get that longevity. Hoping they will release more sizes though.

Brilliant rubber so smooth. Unger Green though has surpassed them imo, not only does it have the same smooth glide over the glass but it's so durable so you get that longevity. Hoping they will release more sizes though.
Unger rubber is good, but reliability from batch to batch is inconsistent imo. 

My use case scenario is that I only squeegy a handful of windows each month, five of them using a pole. The Excelerator/Liquidator combination has been a revelation but I do need a rubber that is ready to go out of the box, it could take me months to switch on a piece of rubber.

Next time I order some acid I will order some Unger green & some Ettore to test.

FYI I used both Fairy & Squeeze Deluxe in my trials, I found that Fairy produces more suds but Squeeze Deluxe had more slip.

My use case scenario is that I only squeegy a handful of windows each month, five of them using a pole. The Excelerator/Liquidator combination has been a revelation but I do need a rubber that is ready to go out of the box, it could take me months to switch on a piece of rubber.

Next time I order some acid I will order some Unger green & some Ettore to test.

FYI I used both Fairy & Squeeze Deluxe in my trials, I found that Fairy produces more suds but Squeeze Deluxe had more slip.
Wash up soap is all you need the slip is great and cheap as chips.

Here stateside "Dawn" is the best wash up soap imo. 10 years it's never let me down ?

Wash up soap is all you need the slip is great and cheap as chips.

Here stateside "Dawn" is the best wash up soap imo. 10 years it's never let me down ?
Fairy is the equivilent of Dawn and is very poular with UK window cleaners which was why I wanted to try the two side by side.

I found the Squeeze Deluxe had more slip but I don't think that should be a surprise as it is formulated for window cleaning not washing dishes.

Dawn/Fairy will allways be cheap as chips because of the volume of production, it or an equivilent can be found in almost every house up and down the land. It does work well though and I have used it in the past myself.

Back