Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

New Liquidator 3.0

28 minutes ago, swc1 said:

Wash up soap is all you need the slip is great and cheap as chips.

Here stateside "Dawn" is the best wash up soap imo. 10 years it's never let me down 😉

Fairy is the equivilent of Dawn and is very poular with UK window cleaners which was why I wanted to try the two side by side.

I found the Squeeze Deluxe had more slip but I don't think that should be a surprise as it is formulated for window cleaning not washing dishes.

Dawn/Fairy will allways be cheap as chips because of the volume of production, it or an equivilent can be found in almost every house up and down the land. It does work well though and I have used it in the past myself.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martyn

• swc1

• CHWS

• Daniel Perkins

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new channel arrived this morning. The metal channel is the same except for a notch in the middle and the writing. The back of the end clips are tighter to the rubber to better hold it in plac

Well the nice people at Moerman are sending me a channel as a prize in a competition they ran. 😎

Spent a little time cleaning and re-cleaning my back doors this evening, happy to say the channel works fine, the end clips are good, zero detailing is still a reality. Blue rubber, not there yet

Posted Images

On 19/03/2021 at 21:46, Martyn said:

Spent a little time cleaning and re-cleaning my back doors this evening, happy to say the channel works fine, the end clips are good, zero detailing is still a reality.

Blue rubber, not there yet, maybe it's a bit too cold? The black rubber seems to have the edge but that has already been used a few times.

Does it work better than the previous channel ? 

6 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Does it work better than the previous channel ? 

I would say probably the same, but the clips holding the rubber tighter can't be a bad thing.

windowsurfer

5mins 26 seconds you see the differnece in the end clips, I dont speak german, so if someone does, can you say what he is talking about

windowsurfer

The moerman soap isnt anywhere like it was when it came out, I ended up buying 5 litres and its rubbish, used to smell great and have great slip, but now more sudsy and less slip.

Ive used Stardrops multi surface cleaner 89p from home bargains, I would say its my favourite at the mo, someone on forum said about it before.

Daniel Perkins

No idea what the dude is saying but maybe there is a bit less pressure on the 3.0 so the rubber doesn't burn out every 10 seconds like the 2.0.

4 hours ago, Daniel Perkins said:

No idea what the dude is saying but maybe there is a bit less pressure on the 3.0 so the rubber doesn't burn out every 10 seconds like the 2.0.

I would imagine the less pressure would stop lines. If you look closely at the 2.0 the tip bends the rubber which then leaves the lines 

• Like 1

The clips are not as forward pushing in the dog earing of the clips and they are flatter than the 2.0 making them look longer . I find it alot better than the 2.0 

2 minutes ago, James Allen said:

The clips are not as forward pushing in the dog earing of the clips and they are flatter than the 2.0 making them look longer . I find it alot better than the 2.0 

When are they due to be released ? 

windowsurfer

ive just ordered 3.0,  a 14" and 10" from cleaning spot, to try them, as did not get on with liquidator, but hopefully will be the one.

• Like 2

It holds the rubber tighter and it still gives zero detailing, don't use it enough know if it has any effect on the end shredding some people complain about.

I really gave mine a good go but gave up in the end it was great one day but then awful another. I scratched a couple of panes one day, dont know how as I always have my rubber slightly over each end, fortunately very small & not noticed by customer but that was the end for me. Gone back to my dog eared unger s channels. More detailing but...

9 hours ago, Simesy said:

I really gave mine a good go but gave up in the end it was great one day but then awful another. I scratched a couple of panes one day, dont know how as I always have my rubber slightly over each end, fortunately very small & not noticed by customer but that was the end for me. Gone back to my dog eared unger s channels. More detailing but...

It surprises me that the end clips scratched the frame.

3 hours ago, swc1 said:

It surprises me that the end clips scratched the frame.

But he said 'pane' i.e glass, not frame, must admit I was surprised too.

windowsurfer

I've only had a shot on my own window, as I don't really trust them doing a good job.

Interestingly, I have a standard 'council' pvc window n the clip did 'grind'round the frame, I do have a seal n I did have a bit of detaing to do, slither of soap. 

Think end clip must have rode over seal to make contact with frame.

I will probably stick with my unger dog ears channels n wagtail, as they do a great job with no manic stress in getting it just right all the time. 

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

But he said 'pane' i.e glass, not frame, must admit I was surprised too.

Either pane of glass or frame is surprising 😉

23 minutes ago, swc1 said:

Either pane of glass or frame is surprising 😉

Never scratched a frame with it which is baffling to me. Dont know whether it was the angle, pressing too hard or the rubber flicked under the squeegee so when I couldnt figure it out I lost a bit of confidence so went back to my old unger s channels.

• 5 weeks later...
fenderjaguar
Posted (edited)

I don't know what the 2.0 one was like, but the 3.0 is very different from the 1.0. Much better. The dog ears don't push the ends of the rubber forward, so it doesn't leave lines over open glass anymore, and it's much easier to turn.

It's pretty good, but I still prefer my own home made S- channel dog ears, but they are very difficult to make. Honestly, they should keep updating the liquidator to 4.0 etc, but it's getting there now, and it wouldn't hurt to have those dog ears pushed back 1mm (it'll still do the raised seals, who cares about the flat seals, as only the liquidator 1.0 is gonna do those, you need a lot of downforce on the end of the rubber there)

Edited by fenderjaguar
  • Like 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.