Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moss prevention advice

Leenps

Hi all I bought myself a moss brush and done my brick weave drive, came up Lovely with no water however the moss or green stuff between the bricks was back very soon. spent some time looking through this forum at treatments ( I’m very new so no knowledge of hypo and biocides yet) can any one recommend a preventative I can use after the next clean ? I’d prefer if it can be sprayed on as I don’t have a pressure washer. 
thanks for any replies ????

is it as simple as buying a biocide online seems very overpriced ?

F87657E5-2717-42D2-86A5-1D590D45BE90.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending what is growing  water it with weed killer , or get some hypochlorite and dilute it 4-1 and water it with that , leave it for 40 muinits then rinse with a hose .giving it a scrub with a stiff broom .

Thanks for the reply, I understand the time will always vary between re growth because of different environments. But with this hypo how long can I realistically hope it will keep it moss free ? 
also if I stay snd prevent the dog and cat going on it and wash off after 40 mins is it then safe ? 

again very sorry I’m super new and I know these answers are on the forum sonewhere but I keep getting lost snd reading about statues ??

cheers lee 

Thanks for the reply, I understand the time will always vary between re growth because of different environments. But with this hypo how long can I realistically hope it will keep it moss free ? 
also if I stay snd prevent the dog and cat going on it and wash off after 40 mins is it then safe ? 

again very sorry I’m super new and I know these answers are on the forum sonewhere but I keep getting lost snd reading about statues ??

cheers lee 
Moss will take time to re grow so an annual spray with  bio will probably kill it as it starts . 

If you did it annually with hypo that should also stop it re growing .

once you have cleaned an area using hypo it needs a thorough rinse with copious amounts of water to dilute and rinse the residue away it will them be safe for pets and children . Hope this helps . 

Moss will take time to re grow so an annual spray with  bio will probably kill it as it starts . 

If you did it annually with hypo that should also stop it re growing .

once you have cleaned an area using hypo it needs a thorough rinse with copious amounts of water to dilute and rinse the residue away it will them be safe for pets and children . Hope this helps . 
Yeah thanks a lot great help, I always look at brickweave drives around my area as I walk the dog, all similar looking to mine, if there was a cost effective way to stop the regrowth I’m sure there would be a business opportunity for my brush, it leaves the drive looking really nice straight after just them bios seem to really put the price up if I was offering a job, and I can’t see many people paying for a clean of it grows back after a few weeks when left in treated. 

Back