Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone heard the budget.

Dave B

Staff member
Now if you invest in your business you get 130% off your tax bill not the old 20%.

Time to start buying stuff lads.

Can't believe it.

Corporation tax is going up 5% to 25% in 2023 though so the ltd boys will suffer a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if you invest in your business you get 130% off your tax bill not the old 20%.

Time to start buying stuff lads.

Can't believe it.

Corporation tax is going up 5% to 25% in 2023 though so the ltd boys will suffer a bit.
Oh dear @cleaniac will have to go back to a sole trader ?????.

jolly good the new van has just come at the right time then ??? I will have to speak to my accountant and see what I should do .

Apparently encouraging businesses to invest and expand so then we can employ which then alleviates the burden on them for the unemployed etc.
So does  that include employing people ?? Is it some sort of tax relief fir new employees???? 

We already get 100% tax deductible on capital allowance so long as it for business only. How does this £130% work. sounds good!!
I guess it reduces your HMRC bill by an additional 30% of the purchase price? So spend 10K and reduce your tax liability by 13K? Not sure all details out yet and an accountant will be the person who will know how best to use the new rules once they are out proper. 

Depends as vans etc are assets so would get 130%
Yes mate, but it's like robbing Peter to pay Paul type thing someone might think I'll get a 10k van on finance to reduce my tax a bit an a newer van but that's still financing to take that they might not have taken on.

We are all different, I'll stick with my 64plate combo ? 

Back