Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Egg on glass......HELP

Hi every one. I was approached this morning and asked if i was taking on new customers. Looking at her windows i discovered 2 windows covered in egg and shell. No access with ladders available.....i use the pole system with cold water, any tips on how to remove the egg etc...also how much extra £££??

Cold water will struggle to remove it , can you put a scraper on a pole and scrape it to remove the worst  of it , then apply washing up liquid, or virisol by spray or on the brush give it a good scrub and repeat until clean , I would suggest charging well as if it has been on there a while it will be time consuming .

• Like 3

As above, or Screwfix No-Nonsense degreaser also works well.  But as said, if you can scrape off as much as possible first it will be a great help.

ive got dried on egg off upper windows with hot water,a flocked brush and neat virosol before now.....no scraper needed...

30 minutes ago, dazmond said:

ive got dried on egg off upper windows with hot water,a flocked brush and neat virosol before now.....no scraper needed...

The OP has cold water , hot makes a big difference 

I have found screwfix no nonsense degreaser to be the best for removing egg. I remember one of custys had been egged on halloween, we showed up maybe 3 weeks or 4 weeks after so it had been on there a while. Good old nO nonsense degreaser on there and the egg just disintegrated in no time, happy days 🙂 

Biological washing powder works best as the enzymes in it break down the proteins in the egg which is what makes it stick so well.

Mix some into a paste and leave it on there a few minutes. 

Works a lot better than degreaser etc.

3 hours ago, Dave B said:

Biological washing powder works best as the enzymes in it break down the proteins in the egg which is what makes it stick so well.

Missed something out there mate, you also need @Part Timer to apply it by hand to high level windows when you don't have a ladder. 😃

8 hours ago, Dave B said:

That’s interesting 

On 06/03/2021 at 02:48, Dave B said:

I used this on a extra dirty cladding clean a few years ago worked really well, used customers tap it did leave some residue on the concrete floor but again the customers tap sorted. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Den said:

I used this on a extra dirty cladding clean a few years ago worked really well, used customers tap it did leave some residue on the concrete floor but again the customers tap sorted. 

It also kills moss off pathways in days and it all dies and can be swept off.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.