Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer oil

I would be a little concerned using it. For a start the brand 'Quality Lubricants' doesn't scream 'quality' to me. Plus while it states the viscosity 10W30 it doesn't appear to have any SAE, ACEA or API ratings! So for all we know it's vegetable oil that has the right thickness at 0Deg C and 100DegC to make it a 10W30.

Speak to Ben as the wrong oil will damage the pump/engine!

It cost lot if money to im now concerned ?
If you think the oil is expensive then think how much would a new engine/pump cost!!!

Do you have a manual for the engine/pump? If so that should state the viscosity and grade of oil that is required. If you don't then you should be able to find the manufacturers web site and the manuals should be there.

My PW going back in van Friday night for the season. Got a job on Saturday and did a pvc clean today and woman looking for driveway and walls to be PW so maybe another job. Monday evening to price a patio clean and other stuff so it looks like its ready to take off now.

My PW going back in van Friday night for the season. Got a job on Saturday and did a pvc clean today and woman looking for driveway and walls to be PW so maybe another job. Monday evening to price a patio clean and other stuff so it looks like its ready to take off now.
Do you pressure wash a lot of walls ive done 1 job came up luvly couldn't soft wash it as brand new tarmac drive ?

Do you pressure wash a lot of walls ive done 1 job came up luvly couldn't soft wash it as brand new tarmac drive ?
I like doing the one's with the cream colour large square copping on them because I know they will look great and the neighbours all ask who did it. Walls and copping are always at eye level so difficult not to notice them. The wall has some moss on it, so I'll try a test bit to see if face of brick blows off. If it does then I will spray with bio or hypo and leave it but I tell the customer. Getting my head nipped on the Arb forum regarding PW. I charge £4 a sq metre and they say they can only charge less than £3 down in Kent. They think I'm making it up but I go back and sand it. Reason being we are very short of reliable tradespeople up here so I can charge accordingly. When one is busy you can do what you like, take today for instance. I got my mate to clean the tops of all the customer's wheelie bin lids when cleaning their pvc. They will notice when they put their bin out and then notice the rest when they bring it in. ?

Back