Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pinhole leaks appearing in reel hose after freezing cold weather

Hi guys just noticed the last couple of days that i have a number of new pinhole sized leaks appearing in my reel hose after the freezing cold weather the other week. My hose reel and hose were froze solid for best part of a week and i was just using my backpack. Could this be the cold that has caused this where the hose was frozen and weakened the hose? has this happened to anyone else before?    

Pass never Hurd of that happening before , I have had the hoses freeze but once thawed out been ok 

Got a pinhole on my gardiner green PU pole hose today mine you it’s been on my main hose reel for the approx 3-4 years so can’t complain.

I'm thinking i've probably pulled the the hose through a bunch of thorns and not realised just seems strange the hose has been on the reel for nearly 2 years no trouble then this happens in a couple of days, i noticed one yesterday put some tape over it to seal it then another two leaks appeared today. Must have been alot of thorns to cause this many leaks. 

Has happened to ours as well think its been the cold then hot water found weakness in hose 

We had-10 then using warm water if its near end I cut the bit off if in middle mend with a barb 

I doubt my leak is related to cold weather as my poles are stored indoors when not in use and so never been frozen, but my PU pole hose developed a pinhole in the top section of the pole just about 45cm below the twist valve. Mind you it was from a new length of hose I had stored in the shed for several years before using it in my pole so I think age was likely a factor. It was not the more flexible modern PU hose, but more like the original Exceed blue stuff.

I'm thinking i've probably pulled the the hose through a bunch of thorns and not realised just seems strange the hose has been on the reel for nearly 2 years no trouble then this happens in a couple of days, i noticed one yesterday put some tape over it to seal it then another two leaks appeared today. Must have been alot of thorns to cause this many leaks. 
Just replace the hose....its cheap enough...

Back