Jump to content

Working with van doors closed


ShropsWindowCleaner

Recommended Posts

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi everyone. I have a fixed reel in the back of my van. I need to work with my doors closed. I don’t want a floor roller. What options would you suggest? Thanks in advance. 

660C7198-FEE3-4CF2-B2C0-412EA2F48472.jpeg

7C3E0812-60BE-4D50-965F-C2AC240B9DE1.jpeg

Link to post

You could use a roller through the door. Maybe have a number plate that flips up to hide it when not in use? Only thing to watch is that the hose is higher up could create a trip hazard?

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post

I close the back doors on my Berlingo and it does no damage to the hose or door trim. Been doing this for years, so that I’m able to lock the van. Try yours. 

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Why dont you want floor rollers ? But you want to cut holes through the doors , doesn’t make sense to me ??? 

I agree,

It would be far less messy a job fitting rollers and a great deal easier than trying to make a good job of cutting a door, 

I have seen a lad local to me with a hole in the door of a vivaro the hose comes out the back of the van quite high up, accident waiting to happen the way I see it, he also has a flue out the van roof for I presume a gas heater looks like

download.jpg

Link to post
ShropsWindowCleaner

Thanks for all the tips all! Will send a photo with you what i end up doing 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Link to post
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Pulling a hose in and out of that all the time it wont last long the hose will cut grooves in it .

Wouldn’t be for me I would go for rollers everyday of the week 👍 just remember seeing a post about them once. 

Link to post
18 hours ago, wezza13 said:

I close the back doors on my Berlingo and it does no damage to the hose or door trim. Been doing this for years, so that I’m able to lock the van. Try yours. 

I do the same - never been a problem for me. You just need to make sure you've pulled out enough hose before shutting the door.

Link to post
On 03/03/2021 at 18:01, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

Hi everyone. I have a fixed reel in the back of my van. I need to work with my doors closed. I don’t want a floor roller. What options would you suggest? Thanks in advance. 

660C7198-FEE3-4CF2-B2C0-412EA2F48472.jpeg

7C3E0812-60BE-4D50-965F-C2AC240B9DE1.jpeg

Why do you need to work with your van doors closed?I work with one back door open and lock the side door and cab up....

Link to post
1 minute ago, dazmond said:

Why do you need to work with your van doors closed?I work with one back door open and lock the side door and cab up....

Your insurance will be invalid if the van is stolen of stuff pinched , also working in the wind will damage the doors if you tried working down our way leaving the doors open they would get severely damaged , I think it also looks untidy like you have forgotten to close them . 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
16 hours ago, Cookie said:

I do the same - never been a problem for me. You just need to make sure you've pulled out enough hose before shutting the door.

Yup and it's easy to judge the amount you need after a while.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

Your insurance will be invalid if the van is stolen of stuff pinched , also working in the wind will damage the doors if you tried working down our way leaving the doors open they would get severely damaged , I think it also looks untidy like you have forgotten to close them . 

It's never been a problem in 11 years of wfp....most window cleaners have nothing in the back of their vans that anybody could pinch...I'd like to see someone trying to nick my reelmaster!🤣...it weighs a ton...plus its bolted down!

 

If your cab and side door are locked your van is not going to get stolen.....also my van door opens wide and locks for windy days so it's a non issue for me....

Link to post
2 hours ago, dazmond said:

It's never been a problem in 11 years of wfp....most window cleaners have nothing in the back of their vans that anybody could pinch...I'd like to see someone trying to nick my reelmaster!🤣...it weighs a ton...plus its bolted down!

No backpack, extra poles, trad gear etc that could be nicked? I am surprised that anyone could leave a rear door open and not suffered theft. You must operate in a very nice part of Manchester.

Link to post
2 hours ago, dazmond said:

It's never been a problem in 11 years of wfp....most window cleaners have nothing in the back of their vans that anybody could pinch...I'd like to see someone trying to nick my reelmaster!🤣...it weighs a ton...plus its bolted down!

 

If your cab and side door are locked your van is not going to get stolen.....also my van door opens wide and locks for windy days so it's a non issue for me....

Ok we have 8 poles , sprayers  toolboxes and loads of spares along with other stuff I wouldn’t want to leave that on display to the general public 

Link to post
steve garwood
5 hours ago, Pjj said:

Ok we have 8 poles , sprayers  toolboxes and loads of spares along with other stuff I wouldn’t want to leave that on display to the general public 

Totally agree. Two extremes and an SLX, that’s roughly £1300, then trolly system, backpack etc just for the sake of investing a few hundred quid to get grippa to supply and fit rollers that make your job secure and easier 🤔👨‍🦰

 

Have a great weekend fellow windies.

Pub time 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.