Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working with van doors closed

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi everyone. I have a fixed reel in the back of my van. I need to work with my doors closed. I don’t want a floor roller. What options would you suggest? Thanks in advance. 

660C7198-FEE3-4CF2-B2C0-412EA2F48472.jpeg

7C3E0812-60BE-4D50-965F-C2AC240B9DE1.jpeg

Why dont you want floor rollers ? But you want to cut holes through the doors , doesn’t make sense to me ??? 

I close the back doors on my Berlingo and it does no damage to the hose or door trim. Been doing this for years, so that I’m able to lock the van. Try yours. 

Why dont you want floor rollers ? But you want to cut holes through the doors , doesn’t make sense to me ??? 
I agree,

It would be far less messy a job fitting rollers and a great deal easier than trying to make a good job of cutting a door, 

I have seen a lad local to me with a hole in the door of a vivaro the hose comes out the back of the van quite high up, accident waiting to happen the way I see it, he also has a flue out the van roof for I presume a gas heater looks like

download.jpg

Pulling a hose in and out of that all the time it wont last long the hose will cut grooves in it .
Wouldn’t be for me I would go for rollers everyday of the week ? just remember seeing a post about them once. 

I close the back doors on my Berlingo and it does no damage to the hose or door trim. Been doing this for years, so that I’m able to lock the van. Try yours. 
I do the same - never been a problem for me. You just need to make sure you've pulled out enough hose before shutting the door.

Why do you need to work with your van doors closed?I work with one back door open and lock the side door and cab up....
Your insurance will be invalid if the van is stolen of stuff pinched , also working in the wind will damage the doors if you tried working down our way leaving the doors open they would get severely damaged , I think it also looks untidy like you have forgotten to close them . 

Your insurance will be invalid if the van is stolen of stuff pinched , also working in the wind will damage the doors if you tried working down our way leaving the doors open they would get severely damaged , I think it also looks untidy like you have forgotten to close them . 
It's never been a problem in 11 years of wfp....most window cleaners have nothing in the back of their vans that anybody could pinch...I'd like to see someone trying to nick my reelmaster!?...it weighs a ton...plus its bolted down!

If your cab and side door are locked your van is not going to get stolen.....also my van door opens wide and locks for windy days so it's a non issue for me....

It's never been a problem in 11 years of wfp....most window cleaners have nothing in the back of their vans that anybody could pinch...I'd like to see someone trying to nick my reelmaster!?...it weighs a ton...plus its bolted down!
No backpack, extra poles, trad gear etc that could be nicked? I am surprised that anyone could leave a rear door open and not suffered theft. You must operate in a very nice part of Manchester.

If your cab and side door are locked your van is not going to get stolen.....also my van door opens wide and locks for windy days so it's a non issue for me....
Ok we have 8 poles , sprayers  toolboxes and loads of spares along with other stuff I wouldn’t want to leave that on display to the general public 

Ok we have 8 poles , sprayers  toolboxes and loads of spares along with other stuff I wouldn’t want to leave that on display to the general public 
Totally agree. Two extremes and an SLX, that’s roughly £1300, then trolly system, backpack etc just for the sake of investing a few hundred quid to get grippa to supply and fit rollers that make your job secure and easier ??‍?

Have a great weekend fellow windies.

Pub time ?????????????????????????????????

Totally agree. Two extremes and an SLX, that’s roughly £1300, then trolly system, backpack etc just for the sake of investing a few hundred quid to get grippa to supply and fit rollers that make your job secure and easier ??‍?

Have a great weekend fellow windies.

Pub time ?????????????????????????????????
Steve can you post a photo of your side rollers please.

Back