Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Surfactant?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joely_bland

Hi guys 

I’ve read so many different opinions on which surfactants are best or safe to use with sodium hypochlorite. Wondering what is everyone’s opinion on Bonnymans Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide? Considering getting myself some for future use on Render softwashing

Cheers

Joel

Hi guys 

I’ve read so many different opinions on which surfactants are best or safe to use with sodium hypochlorite. Wondering what is everyone’s opinion on Bonnymans Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide? Considering getting myself some for future use on Render softwashing

Cheers

Joel
Yes it’s good stuff we use it and also the clever wash one as well , you only need 300 ml (coke can full) per neat drum of 20 ltr hypo , so it’s cheap as chips 

Yes it’s good stuff we use it and also the clever wash one as well , you only need 300 ml (coke can full) per neat drum of 20 ltr hypo , so it’s cheap as chips 
Thanks for the reply. That’s even better than I thought! I’m running my mix out of a 20L Gardiner backpack at the moment so should last! Will be giving it a go in the morning 

Let me know what’s it’s like.

I use Clever wash from soft wash uk, good stuff and lasts ages, but will need to buy some more this year, open to suggestions..

Let me know what’s it’s like.

I use Clever wash from soft wash uk, good stuff and lasts ages, but will need to buy some more this year, open to suggestions..
We use both brands and to be honest there doesn’t appear to be any difference in there use apart from the clever wash has a scent mask in it but it doesn’t do a lot 

We use both brands and to be honest there doesn’t appear to be any difference in there use apart from the clever wash has a scent mask in it but it doesn’t do a lot 
Do you know if Clever wash has a use by date??

I can’t see one on the bottle nor on the website. It’s nearly 3 years old and I still have some left.  I’ve got some sandstone sills to treat soon, would need some surfactant.

If it has gone past date, im Gonna buy that Metaclear and try that instead. A mate of mine uses it a lot and says it’s fantastic for certain jobs. 

Do you know if Clever wash has a use by date??

I can’t see one on the bottle nor on the website. It’s nearly 3 years old and I still have some left.  I’ve got some sandstone sills to treat soon, would need some surfactant.

If it has gone past date, im Gonna buy that Metaclear and try that instead. A mate of mine uses it a lot and says it’s fantastic for certain jobs. 
Don’t think it has , try thick supermarket bleach on window sills it stays put and doesn’t dry out very cheap alternative 

Back