Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New v16 controller

Den

Will be changing out my controller for the new V16 link plus Magnetic mount tomorrow. 

2E6DCCFF-54F8-4B00-84C6-4B5E0C3B9788.jpeg

Is it all fit in? What do you think is better about it than other controllers, everything working as planned? 
splashing the cash Den eh!! New immersion now controller. Have you got that mastered too? 

If you have a system with two controllers running a hot system and frost stat can you have a v11 and a v16 or do they both have to be the same as at the moment both my controllers are joined together with a diode for the frost stat thingy @Ian Sheppard. ?? Just wondering just in case I need to replace one in the future . 

If you have a system with two controllers running a hot system and frost stat can you have a v11 and a v16 or do they both have to be the same as at the moment both my controllers are joined together with a diode for the frost stat thingy @Ian Sheppard. ?? Just wondering just in case I need to replace one in the future . 
I have just had a hot water system installed and they had to put a V16 controller in for me as they said my old v11 wasn't compatible.

Is it all fit in? What do you think is better about it than other controllers, everything working as planned? 
splashing the cash Den eh!! New immersion now controller. Have you got that mastered too? 
Have changed the controller and put the link on charge will pair that tomorrow as I have been busy today.  Not got the immersion version as I will plug the immersion as and when needed ?

I have just had a hot water system installed and they had to put a V16 controller in for me as they said my old v11 wasn't compatible.
Ok thanks I have had ho5 water system for 7 years with the v11 but just wondered if one went wrong if I would have to replace both of upgrading 

the V16 seems to make the pump run smoother, using the fob is dead easy with the supplied lanyard just the right height to press the button.

Tried to use the fob instead of my univalve but kept forgetting myself lol ? It doesn’t turn the/off controller but pauses the controller. 

I can see link being a lot easier to control than a univalve when using the big poles 4 storey plus. 

The range is phenomenal I did a big farm lodge today have to pull the reel full 100m each side of the house, yes my van doors are open but was way out of line of sight, worked flawlessly I’m sure the standard link with stubby antenna would be the same but mine is the magnetic antenna on the inside bulkhead on my van not sure if that acts like a big antenna? 

Very early days but liking it so far and as already mentioned on another thread if you use several poles and each had a univalve this could be cost effective. 

Hi Pjj good question. The diode fitted between two hot water controllers is fitted to the purple comms cable to the heater which is  effectively a switch cable The diode allows the two cables to be connected to a single feed to the heater. 

The V16 and V11 do have a number of differences and in some cases that can mean a connection as described above would means it is better to change both at the same time. If the controllers are driving separate pumps and are not joined via a diode that you could change one a time

Hope that helps

Cheers

Will be changing out my controller for the new V16 link plus Magnetic mount tomorrow. 

View attachment 23632
Look forward to hearing how you find this unit and how it compares to the previous V11

Hi Pjj good question. The diode fitted between two hot water controllers is fitted to the purple comms cable to the heater which is  effectively a switch cable The diode allows the two cables to be connected to a single feed to the heater. 

The V16 and V11 do have a number of differences and in some cases that can mean a connection as described above would means it is better to change both at the same time. If the controllers are driving separate pumps and are not joined via a diode that you could change one a time

Hope that helps

Cheers

Look forward to hearing how you find this unit and how it compares to the previous V11
Thanks for that Ian much appreciated ?

Hope that helps

Cheers

Hello Ian, 

today I used the fob more than the univalve worked  flawlessly A couple of three storey houses and as I suspected it’s defo easier to press the button than to pull the univalve when working at height. 

In all honestly I really like it and extremely pleased with it and how you accommodated my request ? from inquiry to finished product to my door many thanks.

one thing I would change that I noticed yesterday after doing a large lodge fully unwound hose reel I pressed the fob button it paused/work perfectly as it should but I couldn’t manually turn off using the to on/off button on the controller I had to press the fob button on then turn off with the controller button hope that makes sense hope.  I have three poles On the van all with univalves and after using the new V16 link can definitely plainly see that a univalve isn’t needed when using your link, even though I had recently bought a 3 univalves they will go my my sons poles as when needed as using the v16 link is works brilliant.

the pump is smoother and quieter than my previous V11 and faceplate looks so much better than my facelift logo ? the changeout was very simply like for like with the bullet connectors. 

I can honestly say that’s its a great bit of kit and recommend especially if operators have multiple poles on their van as it will  save them money on univalves .

My verdict is I love it and if anyone is reading this thinking on getting the V16 link then do it I went for the magnetic mount over the normal stump antenna due to the fact my controller is tucked away and the stump antenna wouldn’t have fitted in the Allocated space.  

Highly recommended V16 link and customer service which to me is as important as the product thank you @Ian Sheppard  and to all the Spring team.

Hello Ian, 

today I used the fob more than the univalve worked  flawlessly A couple of three storey houses and as I suspected it’s defo easier to press the button than to pull the univalve when working at height. 

In all honestly I really like it and extremely pleased with it and how you accommodated my request ? from inquiry to finished product to my door many thanks.

one thing I would change that I noticed yesterday after doing a large lodge fully unwound hose reel I pressed the fob button it paused/work perfectly as it should but I couldn’t manually turn off using the to on/off button on the controller I had to press the fob button on then turn off with the controller button hope that makes sense hope.  I have three poles On the van all with univalves and after using the new V16 link can definitely plainly see that a univalve isn’t needed when using your link, even though I had recently bought a 3 univalves they will go my my sons poles as when needed as using the v16 link is works brilliant.

the pump is smoother and quieter than my previous V11 and faceplate looks so much better than my facelift logo ? the changeout was very simply like for like with the bullet connectors. 

I can honestly say that’s its a great bit of kit and recommend especially if operators have multiple poles on their van as it will  save them money on univalves .

My verdict is I love it and if anyone is reading this thinking on getting the V16 link then do it I went for the magnetic mount over the normal stump antenna due to the fact my controller is tucked away and the stump antenna wouldn’t have fitted in the Allocated space.  

Highly recommended V16 link and customer service which to me is as important as the product thank you @Ian Sheppard  and to all the Spring team.
Hi Den. Thank you for the positive feedback and the controller has proved to be worth the wait. The Fob has default settings with the Buttons set as, Flow up , Flow Down, Pump Pause and Auto Cal from memory. The WFP link App does allow you to change the button functions. so for example you can change the Auto Cal button to switch the controller On/Off .

On the app there are 6 buttons shown. The middle button on the bottom line allows you to turn the controller on/off via the app/ 

Or you can change teh button functions

http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/WFP_Link_App_Connection_Instructions_A4_(Similar_to_box_wrapper).pdf

In the Top right corner of the App screen there is a settings button. Press that and there is a drop down box which allows you to change the link buttons

Cheers

Hi Den. Thank you for the positive feedback and the controller has proved to be worth the wait. The Fob has default settings with the Buttons set as, Flow up , Flow Down, Pump Pause and Auto Cal from memory. The WFP link App does allow you to change the button functions. so for example you can change the Auto Cal button to switch the controller On/Off .

On the app there are 6 buttons shown. The middle button on the bottom line allows you to turn the controller on/off via the app/ 

Or you can change teh button functions

http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/WFP_Link_App_Connection_Instructions_A4_(Similar_to_box_wrapper).pdf

In the Top right corner of the App screen there is a settings button. Press that and there is a drop down box which allows you to change the link buttons

Cheers
Praise for your products is rightly deserved ? I did notice the on/off button on the app but have not fully used it yet.

Didnt work today due to high winds caught up with paperwork tomorrow is forecasted the same, so will check out the link and have a play about with the fob setting. 

Thanks again.

Den.

Praise for your products is rightly deserved ? I did notice the on/off button on the app but have not fully used it yet.

Didnt work today due to high winds caught up with paperwork tomorrow is forecasted the same, so will check out the link and have a play about with the fob setting. 

Thanks again.

Den.
@Ian Sheppard just looked at the app and it took literally 10 seconds to change the fob button to turn on/off have now got my buttons-programmed to switch pause, flow up,flow down and on/off 

brilliant perfect. Thanks again.

den.

Latest Posts

Back