Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean and liability

Ned

Hi, been asked to give a quote for a builders clean!! What sort of price do you charge for standard 3 bed house?

do you get a disclaimer signed for scratch’s etc if so any examples of wording?

cheers

I wouldnt charge anything cos id never do a builders clean ? 

Builders cleans are terrible mate, u can earn the same money without doing builders cleans so no need to get involved in this type of work its headache, any damage on the property they will point the finer at u , so be careful with builders cleans , i choose Softwashing over builders cleans any day of the week ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt charge anything cos id never do a builders clean ? 

Builders cleans are terrible mate, u can earn the same money without doing builders cleans so no need to get involved in this type of work its headache, any damage on the property they will point the finer at u , so be careful with builders cleans , i choose Softwashing over builders cleans any day of the week ? 
Agreed. I think most of us have done the odd builders clean here and there when starting out but by the time you’ve done a couple of them you say never again. It should signal alarm bells, as 1. The builders havent taken preventative measures to protect frames and glass, 2, they either cant be bothered to, or most likely have found out they cant clear the mess up, as its been left to set in rather than quickly cleared up when spilled. 
just to add, glass isnt so much the issue. Trad & Blade scrapers will remove a lot of crud from glass in many cases but you do have to charge the extra for this sort of thing. Its always the frames that are beyond salvation

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with the above post , it’s never worth taking on this type of work when well established and busy but when starting out and needing more work you tend to take it on , but watch you don’t get your fingers burnt and what ever you think the time and cost should be double it 

Totally agree with the above post , it’s never worth taking on this type of work when well established and busy but when starting out and needing more work you tend to take it on , but watch you don’t get your fingers burnt and what ever you think the time and cost should be double it 
Its easily a reuptation breaker as well as people are often so fussy about these sort of jobs, usually theyre looking over everything with the professors eye glass and a fine toothcombe. Id rather take the day off and hide ?

Define extra it should be £150 a house as they can take hours to do, are you removing tape, cement and whatever else, you need to be insured for damage to item been cleaned as well as they can very easily blame you for the damage, some simply want to pay peanuts. 

I had a site foreman of a national housebuilder tell me that the damage to a window I told him about on one house couldn't have been caused by the the lads who rendered the house as the windows weren't in at the time, yet the render was up to the frame as you would expect on a brand new house. 

You need to be very switched on in this area, I was subbed in by another company years ago doing builders cleans and they new all the in's and out's so I just had to make them aware and they noted everything down on the necessary forms. 

Back