Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sill brushes or normal brushes

Used  sill brushes for 10 years, thinking of changing ,do you think sill brushes get into the corners of the window ok 
If you find that a sill brush gets into the corners ok and you have been using them for 10 years, I'm not sure what the question is.

I have an old sill brush from Gardiners which isn't great at getting into corners but does a good job otherwise. It's rather heavy so not used much.

Later Gardiners added a sill brush with side whiskers to help with corner cleaning but I never purchased one.

I've also used a splayed brush and at the right brush angle can clean the window and the sill.

I once did a new clean and the lady complained that the sill on one of the top windows was filthy and didn't want my services any longer. When asked she pointed to the offending window. Much to her dismay I got the ladders off the van and went up to check. There was a tiny bit of dirt left in the corner that had come out of the gap with the rinse water. 

She was nit picking and was looking for an excuse to turn the job into a one off. When asked it was the only window that she could fault.

It taught me that the brush I used worked perfectly well. It also taught me that it's not possible to do a perfect clean and as far as I was concerned, that clean was done to a totally acceptable clean standard. 

Over the years I have found my standards to be generally higher than that of my customers.

My everyday brush is a 26cm ultimate flocked, black bristles red body. 

My back up everyday brush is 26cm super-lite dupont.

My first clean brush or really sh1tty window brush is 24cm sill medium mixed (also use old ones of these for GFS). 

My current brushes in my van are

2x 26cm ultimate flocked

1x 26cm SL dupont 

3x 24cm med mixed sill

2x 26cm sl med mixed 

1x 35cm universal sill stiff (horrible brush only used once)

1x 26 random no ideawhat it is or where i got it ???

I’ve tried numerous brushes throughout the years, and feel a sill brush can remove stubborn algae better than a standard brush off sills.

No moving the pole at awkward angles to get to the sill, and no dander of the stock of the brush scratching the sill.

A very subjective subject this though, what suits one person, won’t suit another.

But I’m right ?

I’ve tried numerous brushes throughout the years, and feel a sill brush can remove stubborn algae better than a standard brush off sills.

No moving the pole at awkward angles to get to the sill, and no dander of the stock of the brush scratching the sill.

A very subjective subject this though, what suits one person, won’t suit another.

But I’m right ?
Yup I 100% agree, despite my nay saying in the past I have really got to grips with Xtreme sill brushes the flocked was my favourite but I am preferring the medium mixed for now but will swap around as they both have there positives for certain jobs 

The sill brush with the 'side whiskers' is great at getting to pretty much everything but I find it too heavy and moved to the Supreme DuPont Tapertec which is a good all rounder. No brush is perfect there are always compromises.

Back