Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ov8 or boss pole

Personally I would stick with Gardiners they are the market leaders every time I try another brand I live to regret the decision and go back to what I had before ???

Squeaky clean Dave did a review on the ova8 after 9 months. He rates it highly. 
I like Squeaky Clean Dave videos I asked him the weight and he posted the link streamline, think the hi mod Ova 22 was 1100 grammes heavy than the extreme 22 and same weight as the extreme 25.

I have tried the normal ova 17 and 22 really like the grip but don’t like the extra weight also I like to use the Gardiner  super scraper not sure that would work on the OVA poles. 

I like Squeaky Clean Dave videos I asked him the weight and he posted the link streamline, think the hi mod Ova 22 was 1100 grammes heavy than the extreme 22 and same weight as the extreme 25.

I have tried the normal ova 17 and 22 really like the grip but don’t like the extra weight also I like to use the Gardiner  super scraper not sure that would work on the OVA poles. 
The man should have a certificate for service to the window cleaning community. Every time I’ve messaged him he’s got back to me. A fountain of knowledge and a really top guy. 

Not gonna lie I'm tempted to try an OVA8. I saw Squeaky Dave's vid and what's tempting me is the shape of the pole and the fact he says it's helped pain in his hands. While I don't suffer too much as yet it's definitely something I have I've suffered with in the past especially when I first started. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with my hands in agony. I guess from overgripping which I try to be a lot more conscious of these days.

Not gonna lie I'm tempted to try an OVA8. I saw Squeaky Dave's vid and what's tempting me is the shape of the pole and the fact he says it's helped pain in his hands. While I don't suffer too much as yet it's definitely something I have I've suffered with in the past especially when I first started. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with my hands in agony. I guess from overgripping which I try to be a lot more conscious of these days.
I suffered with trigger finger couple years back, since using extreme poles they are so light I don’t grab them I hold them in my fingers kind of straight grip never suffered with trigger finger since. 

Also you can put a little sliver of pipe insulation and tape or bicycle tape that to your pole gives an uneven grip more oval. Like I said I like the feel of them just not the 3xtra weight.

I suffered with trigger finger couple years back, since using extreme poles they are so light I don’t grab them I hold them in my fingers kind of straight grip never suffered with trigger finger since. 

Also you can put a little sliver of pipe insulation and tape or bicycle tape that to your pole gives an uneven grip more oval. Like I said I like the feel of them just not the 3xtra weight.
Cheers Den. I'm currently using an Xtreme 22 which I love. The only thing holding me back from the OVA8 is the extra weight like you said.

I mean joking aside. I love my 17 foot ova 8 the grip is so comfortable I also have a Gardiner clx and it's not as nice to hold but I think because of my fingers being so long I am naturally more suited to a thicker oval shaped handle.

What I really love about the ova 8 is the swivel. Absolutely superb!

I mean joking aside. I love my 17 foot ova 8 the grip is so comfortable I also have a Gardiner clx and it's not as nice to hold but I think because of my fingers being so long I am naturally more suited to a thicker oval shaped handle.

What I really love about the ova 8 is the swivel. Absolutely superb!
I use a swivel on my Gardiners. Honestly struggle to see how anyone work without one.

Back