Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Difference between a Kiam Cyclone and GVS Predator? Been hearing better things about Kiams Cyclone..

Paul Sutton

Difference between a Kiam Cyclone and GVS Predator? Been hearing better things about Kiams Cyclone and its cheaper?

Can also buy the machine on its own, has anyone got one?

All come from the same manufacturer - Elsea.

The Kiam one is the newer model. 

Machine Mart - V Tuf unit is another Elsea vac but lower watts and front entry.

Tucker in the states are using the Kiam version now as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Difference between a Kiam Cyclone and GVS Predator? Been hearing better things about Kiams Cyclone and its cheaper?

Can also buy the machine on its own, has anyone got one?
The Predator video is a lot better though, the Kiam one is terrible as the guy doesn't have a clue. I have an old Kiam that I converted to side entry a few years ago. It will pull most things out of gutters with only 2 motors being used. 

Hello folks,

I want to invest in a good and reliable gutter vacuum. 

I would like your advices.

What I mean with "good" is :

• best sucking power possible
  • being able to go as high as possible with
  • poles that are as light as possible.

I would also like a system with camera-screen to see the gutters from the ground.

I would like also to be able to use this gutter vacuum to clean the dust on ceiling's metallic structures inside houses (with brush at the end) and I would like to be able to use the vacuum as a normal domestic vacuum.

Budget is not a problem.

I've heard that certain Gardiner waterfed poles can be used as gutter poles. Is that correct or not really ?

For WFP, I'm using Gardiner Xtreme 47.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gilles

What do you think about : https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippavac-outdoor-80-litre-gutter-vacuum-package

in comparison with the Sky Vac Industrial with Elite Poles ?
I have the Grippatank one and it is a good all round vac , but for gutters the skyvac is a better option I also have the sky vac interceptor which wouldn’t be suitable or  indoor work as it’s a petrol engine model but the skyvac industrial is the same but electric  , it’s difficult to get one vac to do all those jobs . GVS @Julia Martin I think it is might be able to offer some help they are a relatively new company but have some nice vacs at a reasonable price don’t know if they export to Belgium  

I have the Grippatank one and it is a good all round vac , but for gutters the skyvac is a better option I also have the sky vac interceptor which wouldn’t be suitable or  indoor work as it’s a petrol engine model but the skyvac industrial is the same but electric  , it’s difficult to get one vac to do all those jobs . GVS @Julia Martin I think it is might be able to offer some help they are a relatively new company but have some nice vacs at a reasonable price don’t know if they export to Belgium  
We’ve been established 10 years, previously under Aquafed but rebranded in 2017 to Gutter Vacuum Systems. We never pay to advertise which is why we seem to be relatively new to many.

We can export to Belgium. A bit extra paperwork etc post Brexit but it’s doable. 
Any of our machines can be used outdoors and indoors, we do sell high level internal kits and we have more coming out very soon.

Hope this helps, happy to answer any questions, Julia 

What do you think about : https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippavac-outdoor-80-litre-gutter-vacuum-package

in comparison with the Sky Vac Industrial with Elite Poles ?
If your budget can afford SkyVac then it probably the best option, all the machines are pretty much the same but the Sky Vac Industrial trolley is very well built. Their Elite poles come with a big selection of fittings/heads and they have an airflow pole pole that saves you dropping the pole to release large debris. They offer a lot of internal cleaning options as well.

If your going to be doing internal cleaning I personally would not use a machine that been used outdoors because no matter how much you clean it, it will smell rough..

All come from the same manufacturer - Elsea.

The Kiam one is the newer model. 

Machine Mart - V Tuf unit is another Elsea vac but lower watts and front entry.

Tucker in the states are using the Kiam version now as well. 
The Kiam machine is a different model to the Predator which Tucker had prior to Kiam. 

We have personally designed a brand new trolley for the Predator which will be available next month.  The Predator too can be purchased on its own under the wet and dry tab on the website with a choice of hose length and type. It of course has an extender taking it from 76L to 110L for bigger jobs.  We are slightly more expensive as our ally poles are 500g per pole, theirs 715g and we have extra items in our kits.

In reference to the videos on our machines, we have actually spent years clearing gutters and undertaking exterior cleaning ourselves so what we do is based upon our experience. We used to provide technical advice to Kiams customers because of our experience and product knowledge. 

Happy to answer any questions for clarification, Julia 

The Kiam machine is a different model to the Predator which Tucker had prior to Kiam. 

We have personally designed a brand new trolley for the Predator which will be available next month.  The Predator too can be purchased on its own under the wet and dry tab on the website with a choice of hose length and type. It of course has an extender taking it from 76L to 110L for bigger jobs.  We are slightly more expensive as our ally poles are 500g per pole, theirs 715g and we have extra items in our kits.

In reference to the videos on our machines, we have actually spent years clearing gutters and undertaking exterior cleaning ourselves so what we do is based upon our experience. We used to provide technical advice to Kiams customers because of our experience and product knowledge. 

Happy to answer any questions for clarification, Julia 
Hi,

Thanks for that, do you have a shop I can visit?

Hi,

Thanks for that, do you have a shop I can visit?
All of our equipment can be found on our website guttervacuumsystems.co.uk and there are more product lines coming this year to enhance your efficiency on gutter clears.

We are on Facebook and Instagram too so you can see the equipment in use by many other professionals. 

If you have any questions at all, technical or advice, you’re very welcome to ask me here, you can chat with me on 01603 905501 9-5 mon-fri or you can email me at [email protected] 

All of our equipment can be found on our website guttervacuumsystems.co.uk and there are more product lines coming this year to enhance your efficiency on gutter clears.

We are on Facebook and Instagram too so you can see the equipment in use by many other professionals. 

If you have any questions at all, technical or advice, you’re very welcome to ask me here, you can chat with me on 01603 905501 9-5 mon-fri or you can email me at [email protected] 
So are you selling these from home then? 

@GVS Julia Martin the idea of a quick bleed off so the clump of moss/grass etc can easily be dropped sounds like a great idea?
I have the release pole and it’s a very useful thing but quite often the clump of grass won’t come out of the end as it’s sucked up into the bend so even with the releases pole open it won’t drop out 

I have the release pole and it’s a very useful thing but quite often the clump of grass won’t come out of the end as it’s sucked up into the bend so even with the releases pole open it won’t drop out 
Do you consider then that this release pole from SkyVac is more a marketing tool instead of being really useful ?

Paying so much more for a SkyVac knowing that this feature is actually not really working all the time is a little bit stupid no ?

I'm really interested in the GVS Predator 3600w...The difference of price with the SkyVac Industrial 85 is quite big for a similar product...

Do you consider then that this release pole from SkyVac is more a marketing tool instead of being really useful ?

Paying so much more for a SkyVac knowing that this feature is actually not really working all the time is a little bit stupid no ?

I'm really interested in the GVS Predator 3600w...The difference of price with the SkyVac Industrial 85 is quite big for a similar product...
Why not buy the GVS Vac and the Sky Vac poles

Back