Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Gleam poles - anyone???

They appear to be a similar weight to SLX's. I believe there are factories in China producing them with any name you want on them, as long as you buy enough.

Personally wouldn't buy anything like this from a company that doesn't appear to have a landline and head office is a terraced house. 
I would tend to agree, it's just that I currently have an SLX 18 which is 990g but the extra 2ft would be a big difference to me and its only 10g heavier which I think is good. (Weight for me is of high importance due to shoulder and back pain but also can't afford Xtreme pole) 

The price initially looks good. But by the time you add on a Gardiner brush and all the other fittings, angle adaptor and pole hose for example, the only extra on a Gardiner pole is the VAT. (compared the SLX30 with a Pure Gleam 30 footer.)

As others have said @YNWA1988, it's always better to deal with a recognised company with a track record. This guy has only a pole to sell. Their bestsellers according to their website are their pole clamps.

They show a link to a brush with a price; click on it and the next page is blank. There is a link to pole hose with a price; click on it and it also goes to a blank page.

If you want to put £175 to a 20' carbon fibre pole then that's your decision.

Many years ago I send a cheque off to a window cleaner who used to modify swivels and sell a brush with the modified swivels included. The order was for 2. He cashed the cheque and I never saw a brush. After numerous email contacts and response excuses, he stopped replying.

Most of us have long memories. He came onto the forum about a year ago under a new name. It didn't take us long to identify him. He disappeared again.

Now I will only buy from a recognised supplier. This guy would never be on the list. Good for him to want to better his life and develop himself; but he won't do it with me taking the risk.

Over the years the main talking point has been pole clamps on forums. Gardiners has a patent on the spring adjustable clamp used on their poles - the smart clamp. It works very well in my experience. My last SLX22 lasted 9 years. The original clamps were the old standard clamps which were replaced with 1 set of smart clamps. The first section was so worn it was soft. You can't get better than that.

I would tend to agree, it's just that I currently have an SLX 18 which is 990g but the extra 2ft would be a big difference to me and its only 10g heavier which I think is good. (Weight for me is of high importance due to shoulder and back pain but also can't afford Xtreme pole) 
Personally I'd be skeptical about advertised weights suppliers in the past have being known to simply match or come close to Gardiners advertised weights, I had a gardiners pole and another pole years ago apparently the same weight I can tell you now they where no were near the same weight. 

Just by a SLX-22 or these 

download (1).jpg

Thanks for the replies. I will give it a miss and stick to the reputable companies like I have been doing so far anyway.

I think deep down I knew it wasn't really the best idea but I was just hoping for someone to say "yes I have that pole and it is brilliant" lol wishful thinking.

Thanks for the replies. I will give it a miss and stick to the reputable companies like I have been doing so far anyway.

I think deep down I knew it wasn't really the best idea but I was just hoping for someone to say "yes I have that pole and it is brilliant" lol wishful thinking.
I think that this is a wise decision.

I know you said you can't afford an Xtreme at the moment, but my advise would be, if you don't need to change your pole at the moment, then keep going with your SLX-18 and save until you can. The Xtreme 22 is the same weight as the SLX-18.  This was the route I took when I found myself in a similar situation as yourself.  For me it turned out to be the best choice.  

I know some of us buy new ones every year which might seem excessive but if I could afford it I might well do the same.  However, what works for me is to just replace the sections as they wear out.  There is also some very good advise on here and on Gardiners website regards to maintenance which will help you get the best from these poles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you said you can't afford an Xtreme at the moment, but my advise would be, if you don't need to change your pole at the moment, then keep going with your SLX-18 and save until you can. The Xtreme 22 is the same weight as the SLX-18.  This was the route I took when I found myself in a similar situation as yourself.  For me it turned out to be the best choice.  

I know some of us buy new ones every year which might seem excessive but if I could afford it I might well do the same.  However, what works for me is to just replace the sections as they wear out.  There is also some very good advise on here and on Gardiners website regards to maintenance which will help you get the best from these poles.
Yeah I think this is what I'll do. The 22ft Xtreme is currently out of stock anyway so I've no choice but to save up now till they are back in stock. 

Yeah I think this is what I'll do. The 22ft Xtreme is currently out of stock anyway so I've no choice but to save up now till they are back in stock. 
The Extreme 22 is back in stock. I took delivery of one this morning. Unless they've all sold out again.

I've found that maintenance is quite easy with these poles. 

If the weather is dry they will go for some time without needing to open them up. When the ground is wet the hose pulls a lot of grit into the pole and this will shorten the life of the pole if left in there.

Using the Gardiner widget makes disassembly easy.  So at the end of a wet day I'll take the pole apart and wipe down the outside of each section with a microfibre and then push a small microfibre down the middle of each section with a long dowel (9-10mm OD). Check and replace the stop tape where necessary and reassemble. I don't bother with pointing a hose down them at the end of each day as I don't honestly find it very effective.  But that's just me. ?

I find being tubeless helps Keep the pole clean When I reel in all th pole hose gets a thorough wipe. 

Hi ,I have used the pure gleam water fed poles I have a 25ft and 54ft from them 

very good quality poles for decent prices, the lightest poles have used to be honest , clamps are very easy to replace with the pole sections 

they have very good feedback and  reviews on eBay , 

you won’t be disappointed with one ☝️ 

Hi ,I have used the pure gleam water fed poles I have a 25ft and 54ft from them 

very good quality poles for decent prices, the lightest poles have used to be honest , clamps are very easy to replace with the pole sections 

they have very good feedback and  reviews on eBay , 

you won’t be disappointed with one ☝️ 
Interesting post. You joined 8 hours ago and your only post is 8 hours ago to comment on this particular thread. Are you the owner of Pure Gleam poles because this look suspiciously like you are or are associated with them?

@IanShineI see your location on your profile is Wirral. The Ebay account is Liverpool. Not that far apart really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting post. You joined 8 hours ago and your only post is 8 hours ago to comment on this particular thread. Are you the owner of Pure Gleam poles because this look suspiciously like you are or are associated with them?

@IanShineI see your location on your profile is Wirral. The Ebay account is Liverpool. Not that far apart really.
Funny you say this spruce I thought the same thing , and as for the statement about light poles well that’s absolutely ridiculous .  

Not associated with them at all found them on eBay so called over to view the poles and I bought two of them , i use 25ft everyday and 54ft for commercial work 

just giving you my feedback on them 

don’t really use forums that much haven’t got much time always full of idiots anyway 

I can show you photos of the 2 poles  I currently use if u wish 

They have honest reviews feedback on eBay if you wish to look 

Thanks 

Latest Posts

Back