Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making life easier!

Jonny 67

Hi guys, I've been wfp for a few years now, but have been so busy doing other things as well, that I've forgotten to keep up to date with what's new. It's now time to invest in making work easier. I've discovered the lightweight Gardiners 35 cm brush, and would really appreciate some feedback on using a spray bar with it. I've never been confident to rinse on the glass, but from what I've heard, the spray bar allows you to do this. Any feedback much appreciated. ?

Depends on the brush and sometimes the glass for rinsing on, Gardiners don't recommend rinsing on with a flocked bristled brush

I personally couldn't use a 35cm brush on houses, I have not been bothered about a spray bar but last year changed from using pencil jets for years to 100 degree fan jets  which give a full width rinse 

Depends on the brush and sometimes the glass for rinsing on, Gardiners don't recommend rinsing on with a flocked bristled brush

I personally couldn't use a 35cm brush on houses, I have not been bothered about a spray bar but last year changed from using pencil jets for years to 100 degree fan jets  which give a full width rinse 
I've been using the standard pencil jets for years. How powerful are the 100 degree fan jets? Does it feel like the glass is getting a thorough rinsing?

I've been using the standard pencil jets for years. How powerful are the 100 degree fan jets? Does it feel like the glass is getting a thorough rinsing?
I have found they give a much better rinse as you are getting a nice curtain of water much easier than with pencils 

XTREME POLE and brush

hot water

electric reel

100m of 6mm microbore hose

the 4 things above will make a MASSIVE DIFFERENCE to your working day making it the easiest it could possibly be......

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Dazmond. Just bought an extreme, I've budgeted for an electric reel before end of this tax year.. and was thinking of hot water at some point.!

Jets are jets to me regardless I can use both and as well as a rinsebars I like them all lol. 

Rinsebar 35cm work well on the older extreme 35cm medium hybrid as it didn’t splay as much as the current DuPont hybrid. 

Rinsebar 26cm works well on extreme sill medium mix due to the shorter bristle but one 5hing to consider is that they add extra weight. 

If using 35cm brush my preferred choice is 4 x 1.4mm pencil jets.

cleaning gfs and Connie roofs my preferred jets Ian 100 degree fans.

cleaning windows my preferred is 2mm pencils but I sometimes use 100 degree fans lol 

Also some stocks have different jet placements I.e. the 26cm extreme medium tapertec as the jets closer together and I find 2mm pencil jets build a big flow of water and good for rinsing on. 

Lots of choices just keep trying and find what suits you.

Back