Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions on Facelift 325 + £425 for fitting ??

Becky D

Hello everyone. I am asking please for everyone's opinion who might know about the facelift 325. I have added a link of this, as a screen shot can't seem to upload. It's this a good machine or is there something better for the same budget please. Also is £349 + vat a good price for install, seems a bit excessive to me. I have heard that some mechanics might be able to fit this ? Thoughts ? Thank You.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-van-systems/products/facelift-compact-starter-kits

The difference between a mechanic and a wfp system installer is the wfp system installer does it everyday of the week and knows where everything goes and how to setup and test everything is working as it should so you can get out working asap and earning money also they will talk you through how the system works and be able to answer any questions you may have, a mechanic who has never fitted a system before can't do any of the above. 

There is two holes to drill on each bracket there is four brackets. This equals 8 small drill holes in totals then you have to do up 8 nuts. 

My Engineer mate done mine took him about 40 minutes start to finish. Think I gave him a £50 drink. 

You are paying for the holes to be drilled and nuts/bolts done up they are not building the system and connecting up pumps controllers etc as all that is done for you when you buy the system.

My facelift compact as run flawlessly for Approx 5 years when made system one thing I do advise is pay the extra for a electric reel. 

Hello everyone. I am asking please for everyone's opinion who might know about the facelift 325. I have added a link of this, as a screen shot can't seem to upload. It's this a good machine or is there something better for the same budget please. Also is £349 + vat a good price for install, seems a bit excessive to me. I have heard that some mechanics might be able to fit this ? Thoughts ? Thank You.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-van-systems/products/facelift-compact-starter-kits
Get your mechanic to fit it then...itll be a lot cheaper...325l seems rather small?do you just wfp top windows?I have a 500l tank and use most of it in 5 or 6 hours per day...remember you wont be able to use all your water in the tank or you ll keep getting massive airlocks!

There is two holes to drill on each bracket there is four brackets. This equals 8 small drill holes in totals then you have to do up 8 nuts. 

My Engineer mate done mine took him about 40 minutes start to finish. Think I gave him a £50 drink. 

You are paying for the holes to be drilled and nuts/bolts done up they are not building the system and connecting up pumps controllers etc as all that is done for you when you buy the system.

My facelift compact as run flawlessly for Approx 5 years when made system one thing I do advise is pay the extra for a electric reel. 
I hadn't thought about how the Facelift is built, a £50 drink it wasn't @Part Timer was it although that would be a warm up round for him ?

Great little tank and easy to get delivered, comes on a pallet, easy to install yourself I’ve had mine five years in two vans with electric reel. I have the 325 as I have a mix of work plus a few barrels and backpack works well for me. 

Got it done up in Wales by the guys at WCW - (touch wood) hasn't let me down ? Good install with all the split charge system and electric reel - also i don't have the knowledge, tools or skillset to know how to make a tank weighing such a large payload properly secure so was happy to part with an extra few hundred quid for peace at mind. If you have a garage with a ramp, some way fo lifting the tank into the van, electric wiring skills, lots of tools and an array of industrial fixings then i'm sure it wouldn't be too much hassle to diy 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it done up in Wales by the guys at WCW - (touch wood) hasn't let me down ? Good install with all the split charge system and electric reel - also i don't have the knowledge, tools or skillset to know how to make a tank weighing such a large payload properly secure so was happy to part with an extra few hundred quid for peace at mind. If you have a garage with a ramp, some way fo lifting the tank into the van, electric wiring skills, lots of tools and an array of industrial fixings then i'm sure it wouldn't be too much hassle to diy 
If you ever have an accident at least you can say the tank was fitted professionally. That will answer any insurance questionnaire.

If you ever have an accident at least you can say the tank was fitted professionally. That will answer any insurance questionnaire.
Not sure actually think it depends on policy - I know it’s possible to have crash tested tanks fitted by of course much more expensive 

Not sure actually think it depends on policy - I know it’s possible to have crash tested tanks fitted by of course much more expensive 
A certificate of competence supplied by a company wouldn't be questioned although it doesn't guarantee the job was done right.

I fitted my own tank. I'm insured with Aviva and they asked me if my tank fitted to my 'new' van was professionally fitted. I said it was as I had done it myself. The operator hesitated when I replied with my answer. "Have you had it fitted by a qualified company?" No. They have insured me ever since, (I've had my other vans insured by them for the past 8 years,) but I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't come up again if the van is involved in a total lost claim.

We had been cleaning windows for some 6 years wfp when I got asked by the local council we did a bit of work for if we were qualified. He wanted a piece of paper to tell him that we had sat and passed a training course in window cleaning. He wasn't interested in our past track record of cleaning windows for that same council.

I think there are a lot of mates of mates working for the council. We had numerous silly requirements put before us when applying even with an NVQ in window cleaning. We had to have £100,000 a year turnover proved by 5 years of bank statements was one of them. I think back then 5 million in insurance was high as most asked for 2 million.

The difference between a mechanic and a wfp system installer is the wfp system installer does it everyday of the week and knows where everything goes and how to setup and test everything is working as it should so you can get out working asap and earning money also they will talk you through how the system works and be able to answer any questions you may have, a mechanic who has never fitted a system before can't do any of the above. 
Yes true. I'd rather pay extra for the extra reassurance. That's what i will do.

Thanks

Get your mechanic to fit it then...itll be a lot cheaper...325l seems rather small?do you just wfp top windows?I have a 500l tank and use most of it in 5 or 6 hours per day...remember you wont be able to use all your water in the tank or you ll keep getting massive airlocks!
I think that might be right. I also have a other job, i can only do maybe 5-6 a day with other commitments. Maybe 450 to save the airlocks. Thanks

Becky D said:
I think that might be right. I also have a other job, i can only do maybe 5-6 a day with other commitments. Maybe 450 to save the airlocks. Thanks
#5-6 houses i mean

I know I go on about them a bit, but check our Pure2O (Ionics sister company). I was looking at a Waterworks kit and they priced matched the quote, but it meant I got a crash tested system, rather than just a professionally installed one.  

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/

I know I go on about them a bit, but check our Pure2O (Ionics sister company). I was looking at a Waterworks kit and they priced matched the quote, but it meant I got a crash tested system, rather than just a professionally installed one.  

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/
There pure o2 stuff is very well engineered and built to the same standard as the ionics range of stuff and are a good buy especially when they price match .

Back