Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New customers which could be hard work

Fahad

Hi the other day I went out to get more customers managed to get 2. I knocked on this door and a women opened up. She had a kind of a rude attitude. She was asking about wfp which I explained. Then in the end she goes once you do the house down the road let me know so I can see for myself. At this point I didn’t want to engage as she seemed like a hard customer. What would you do leave her or go back and show the house you have done. 

Sometimes customers that haven’t previously used the wfp system need a bit of encouragement. They might have heard bad things about it. Your decision is do you try and educate them into it or move on. 

Hi the other day I went out to get more customers managed to get 2. I knocked on this door and a women opened up. She had a kind of a rude attitude. She was asking about wfp which I explained. Then in the end she goes once you do the house down the road let me know so I can see for myself. At this point I didn’t want to engage as she seemed like a hard customer. What would you do leave her or go back and show the house you have done. 
Your gut instinct is she's going to be a proper pain, I'd bet you'll be right 99% of the time if you follow your instincts. 

Probably going to be a pain, but you never know. Quite a few customers before have been skeptical about wfp (I was before I switched) and put it under a lot of scrutiny the first clean. When everything is OK, they've been happy and don't scrutinise the work after that. 

You could maybe clean 1 downstairs window if you are there already to prove it works. 

I know some will say I'll clean the windows and if you're not happy don't pay me. But first cleans (if done properly) are a lot of work and I wouldn't want to do a full house first clean without an agreement that I'm getting paid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pass on re-engaging her.

If she wants to go check out your work then she can make her own decision, fine.

There are 100+ good easy clients that need and want their windows cleaned. 

Dont let people like her take up mind space.

People like that are forced sells, they almost all end up bad...over picky, get me next time not today and the worst slow pay or no pay.

Get the simple work, there is plenty of it out there!!

Good luck! 

Sorry for sounding like a party pooper but I believe I am correct in saying that you shouldn't of been knocking on doors at this Current time inline with covid government guidelines. 

I think the 12th April onwards is the time that canvassing can resume if in the UK 

Sorry for sounding like a party pooper but I believe I am correct in saying that you shouldn't of been knocking on doors at this Current time inline with covid government guidelines. 

I think the 12th April onwards is the time that canvassing can resume if in the UK 
You may be right, but I’ve canvassed through the whole pandemic, apart from the first 4-5 weeks, and I’ve not had one complaint. 

If your canvassing, your working, you can’t knock on doors from home, so I just got on with it. 
Its been very successful too, with everybody at home. ??

Push your brush up against her letterbox and show her the power of wpf 

I've kinda found myself developing a "spidey sense" for PITA custys. I dunno why and can't explain it but you just know.

I think you probably have this spidey sense too and 99% that custy is gonna be a pain.

Personally I would just drop them quickly. There are plenty of nice, happy custys out there - you don't need to put up with nonsense. it just wastes your time.

Back