Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Electric Reel

Jonny 67

Hi guys, what's the best electric reel. I'm not bothered about getting cheapest, I'd rather pay more for a very good one. Is there one that you can get replacement parts? It would need to be able to accommodate 100 metres of 6mm microbore  Thanks in advance. ?

Hi guys, what's the best electric reel. I'm not bothered about getting cheapest, I'd rather pay more for a very good one. Is there one that you can get replacement parts? It would need to be able to accommodate 100 metres of 6mm microbore  Thanks in advance. ?
I use the Pure Freedom Reelmaster. Had it for about 14 months and it's a solid piece of kit. Will buy another one soon for the second setup.

I did initially purchase the Powerup HD reel but it wasn't very well made IMO. It has a very high chance of the chain jumping off and getting snagged, making it difficult to put back on easily. I was aware of this when I bought it, due to lots of reviews, but once the chain did just this - I sent it back. WCW were great with the refund and I highly recommend them. I know lots of windies use the Powerup with no problems, so if you're looking for a cheaper reel, then it may be an option for you.

But, yes, I'd buy another Pure Freedom one without a doubt.

I have a PowerUp reel but the metal one, I have had no issues with the chain at all and have had mine well over a year, they do still sell them and they are the most compact of all the electric reels on sale.

The other reels are big lumps and quite a bit wider from what I've seen. 

Thanks Ian. I've emailed a couple of suppliers. I was surprised to find that the reel for hot water is different. I don't have hot at the moment, but I intend to set up a hot system this summer. And the hose for hot is different. Does anyone know if I can use the hot water products with cold water until I'm up and running with hot? TIA

Thanks Ian. I've emailed a couple of suppliers. I was surprised to find that the reel for hot water is different. I don't have hot at the moment, but I intend to set up a hot system this summer. And the hose for hot is different. Does anyone know if I can use the hot water products with cold water until I'm up and running with hot? TIA
I dont have hot water,  have no idea, will watch this post. 

Purefreedoms reels have an option for hot water. Its £25 extra

Not sure which reels you are referring to the water works HD is fine with hot the 3D needs the modification with the centre spindle we are currently trialing them in our vans and I have to say they are working fine no more crushing of the centre spindle 

4D93AEC8-949C-4A7F-B0D7-2B9F850B9D68.jpeg

Thanks guys..I received an email from pure freedom this morning. I can use cold with the hot water reel until I'm up and running with hot water. Apparently the discs on their hot water reels allow for expansion of the hose when using hot water. Happy days....

I'm going for the pure freedom reelmaster. Is it a straight forward fitting job? I like using leisure batteries rather than wiring under the bonnet. So I'm hoping leisure battery, fuse, then reel? TIA
Easy to wire upon to - one to + , but you will have a long Waite for the reel we have been waiting for over4 weeks now ???

Received my electric grippareel last week and started using it this week. There was a problem with the drum coming detached from the gears when I received it. After sending off an email I received replies quickly with a fix. took me 5 mins to do this and now its working well. really happy with the reel and the customer service so far. this isn't a long term review obviously, but so far I would recommend it!

Latest Posts

Back