Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thanks to everyone on here!

Norf86

Hi everyone, new chap here. First time posting on a forum.. Yikes! Haha

I bought a SkyVac 18 months ago and was hoping to start a gutter clearing service. After much thought and research I decided to get into window cleaning as well. I decided that both services go hand in hand and that gutter cleaning can be very seasonal and not regular enough to provide me with a steady income. Anyways, here I am now. I've got a van, 350ltr tank, Ro system in the garage with 1000 ltr IBC storage and all the bits and bobs to give me everything I need to get started. 

I have to say I've loved every minute of putting it all together and that it gave me great satisfaction for every part that I'd completed. Sorry, I'm waffling on here! My point is that I wouldn't have been able to do it without all the brilliant blokes on this forum! Great, insightful information on tap and good banter to go along with it!

Over the past couple of weeks I've got my first couple of customers and I'm absolutely buzzing! ??? So yeah cheers to everyone and keep up the good work. 

Like most newbies I've got tonnes of questions so I look forward to discussing these in future. 

Yes I am and cheers. There's definitely a lot more to it than what people think that's for sure.. I was one of them! 

Everthing is in place now, van and water production, insurance, logos, a few leaflets out, online marketing is ongoing. Just waiting anxiously for that phone to ring now ?

Hi everyone, new chap here. First time posting on a forum.. Yikes! Haha

I bought a SkyVac 18 months ago and was hoping to start a gutter clearing service. After much thought and research I decided to get into window cleaning as well. I decided that both services go hand in hand and that gutter cleaning can be very seasonal and not regular enough to provide me with a steady income. Anyways, here I am now. I've got a van, 350ltr tank, Ro system in the garage with 1000 ltr IBC storage and all the bits and bobs to give me everything I need to get started. 

I have to say I've loved every minute of putting it all together and that it gave me great satisfaction for every part that I'd completed. Sorry, I'm waffling on here! My point is that I wouldn't have been able to do it without all the brilliant blokes on this forum! Great, insightful information on tap and good banter to go along with it!

Over the past couple of weeks I've got my first couple of customers and I'm absolutely buzzing! ??? So yeah cheers to everyone and keep up the good work. 

Like most newbies I've got tonnes of questions so I look forward to discussing these in future. 
Yes It`s a good feeling isn`t it. Watching your baby grow and develop nurturing it. It makes me feel very proud when I put on my uniform in the morning and jump into my sign written van.

Yes although my baby is still an embrio at the moment! The plan is to be an all singing and dancing window cleaning beast within 2-3years.. And have arms like Arnie ? love the physical side of it although, I had a horror gutter job the other day, arms and shoulders were killing me after. I will post a separate thread about it shortly

Did it take any of you guys a while to get used to arm ache or am I just a weasel ?

Haha thanks! Yes I agree bad gutter jobs are worse. Wfp is a doddle compared with this job I had the other day. Check out my new post on the gutter cleaning section

Yes although my baby is still an embrio at the moment! The plan is to be an all singing and dancing window cleaning beast within 2-3years.. And have arms like Arnie ? love the physical side of it although, I had a horror gutter job the other day, arms and shoulders were killing me after. I will post a separate thread about it shortly

Did it take any of you guys a while to get used to arm ache or am I just a weasel ?
Haha! I've worked on manual work most of my life and been a kayaker for thirty odd years, I have fairly good endurance but I still have arms like a girly. I was sure I'd develop a chunky physique over time. Never happened for me but I'd like to think I'm still a bit of a beast when it comes to working. Arnie arms might develop for you though. ?

Welcome to the house of fun. ??

Haha! I've worked on manual work most of my life and been a kayaker for thirty odd years, I have fairly good endurance but I still have arms like a girly. I was sure I'd develop a chunky physique over time. Never happened for me but I'd like to think I'm still a bit of a beast when it comes to working. Arnie arms might develop for you though. ?

Welcome to the house of fun. ??
Wiry I think it's called, played rugby with a builder like that and he was a strong bugger

Hello fellow Norfolk window cleaner ??

Where you based, if you have any questions or problems, im not the most experienced and im still a weasel ?? but happy to help out or give pointers where i can.

Jon

Don't wait for custys to find you, go get them. Canvassing at a distance seems to be fine and as weather is warming people will be more enthusiastic about windys.
Yea I've delivered a few leaflets and chatted to a couple of people out and about and they don't seem to mind but it's just that knocking the door thing. Not sure I wanna risk ruining my reputation before I'm even properly started. I might just say bugger it though lol ?

Best post I’ve read on here for a while! @Norf86

Keep up the good work 
Ah nice one man cheers ?

Hello fellow Norfolk window cleaner ??

Where you based, if you have any questions or problems, im not the most experienced and im still a weasel ?? but happy to help out or give pointers where i can.

Jon
Exact location is classified information!! Haha na I'm nowhere near Holt so I won't be stealing customers from your patch ??? 

Cheers for the offer and I'm guessing you suffer the arm ache still? 

Exact location is classified information!! Haha na I'm nowhere near Holt so I won't be stealing customers from your patch ??? 

Cheers for the offer and I'm guessing you suffer the arm ache still? 
Fair enough mate, bit if your ever over this way n fancy a brew gimme a shout ??

Haha thanks! Yes I agree bad gutter jobs are worse. Wfp is a doddle compared with this job I had the other day. Check out my new post on the gutter cleaning section
We use a small 30 liter drum vac with a single motor and carbon poles.

We find that damp grit sucked out of the gutters also builds up on the inside walls of the pipes. It makes the pipes very heavy.

Lowering the gutter tool down and sticking it into a bucket of water helps to flush the pipes.

We also start at the place we need the longest pole sections and remove sections as required.

What we forget is how long it takes me to clean the system in the afternoon when we get home.

Latest Posts

Back