Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pw starter set up

babs2020

hi guys  been pw for for my   customers for years   but  not loads as don't  get the time with the windows  but think i am missing a trick   what would be a good starter set  that  don't   break the bank   as not sure   if ill get a lot time  maybe on wet days  thanks 

I can't see a single way to get started for £1500 or am I missing something? 

All prices are exc vat and cheapest with high pressure hose is going to be over 2k. Excluding tank/bin 
A Watertek Pro Loncin G420 15LPM 250 Bar Mazzoni Pressure Washer with 20m hose and a couple of lances plus turbo lance is £1310 inc vat. What kit are you thinking you need?

I've been looking at their kits with the surface cleaner included. Thought that would be vital? 

That seems a lot more reasonable!
A couple of things to make you aware of: firstly I have no first hand experience, my knowledge is from reading and watching lots. 

Secondly, a 15l/min pressure washer is really the lowest flow for using a flat surface cleaner (fsc).

You can always add a fsc later, same as you can add quick release fittings to hoses when funds allow, longer hoses, sludge gulpers etc. They will speed you up but you will only be able to earn more with the time saved if you can get enough work. So at beginning you are probably time rich - funds poor. 

One critical thing to PW is jet sizes. That goes for all jets be they 0 degrees to 90 degrees, to fans, to fsc (2 jets so half size), to turbo nozzles, they all need to be sized to the flow and pressure of the machine.

Have a look at Flawless cleaning, bournemouth jet washing (lots of van mounted kit) etc on youtube, while they aren't very techy they do show a fairly standard setup and a higher end van mounted system. A turbo nozzle will allow you to do most domestic jobs but will be slower than a fsc. 

Hi, im looking at pressure washing os their a decent machine that i can just lift in and out easy without big water tanks as i just want this as another revenue stream not something thats going hog room and maybe not used that often.

If so whats the m2 per hour on these type options so i can work out it earning potential. Thanks

Hi Spit and Polish I'm not the man to answer that, there's some cheaper 12/13lpm machines available, might be worth starting there? Have a search up on the forum mate. 

Just ordered my 21lpm Loncin from Ben @ Rutland and looking forward to it arriving. Thanks for the help lads!

Hi, im looking at pressure washing os their a decent machine that i can just lift in and out easy without big water tanks as i just want this as another revenue stream not something thats going hog room and maybe not used that often.

If so whats the m2 per hour on these type options so i can work out it earning potential. Thanks
None of us lift any water tanks as we utilise customers water via a buffer tank setup.

If you want an additional revenue stream your profitability and workflow will be peanuts using a small consumer based 4 to 6hp powered machine.

The real money maker in my opinion is for example the Dual Pumps 13hp 21lpm machine pushing out serious volumes of water when needed and flat surface cleaners save breaking your back.

Reference pricing, how much is your time plus fuel worth per hour.

It's your business model and your income. I know what I charge and it's best to research the market or read through the forum in more depth as respectively your question has been asked on many occasions, using the search facility will unlock all of the answers you need

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't really after prices just wondered how many m2 an hour is feasible with a pressure washer that i can just load in the motor and unload in a minute or so, as i need flexibility so nothing is ever fixed in the motor.

I get the larger ones with tanks earn more but also use my motor for building work so need something i can just unload and load up easy, if not i'll have to skip the pressure washing idea.

Wasn't really after prices just wondered how many m2 an hour is feasible with a pressure washer that i can just load in the motor and unload in a minute or so, as i need flexibility so nothing is ever fixed in the motor.

I get the larger ones with tanks earn more but also use my motor for building work so need something i can just unload and load up easy, if not i'll have to skip the pressure washing idea.
A couple of things to consider. The maximum amount of water you are legally allowed to draw from a UK domestic supply is 12 litres a min. I'm not sure how many houses can actually supply anywhere near that.

So that is why people with pressure washers quite often carry a 'catch tank'. They use customers tap to fill the portable tank and the PW draws from the tank. Some people used wheelie bins or even a plastic dust bin. 

m2 per hour depends on the surface its condition, drainage and machine you are using.

I do an extra on a bumpy monoblock driveway clean. I PW and rinse it then I run my whacker over the high bits and whack the rest. After I'm happy with it I give it another rinse and the clear-up begins. That's the second one I have done and very happy with it and so is the customer, I think I'm the only person that does it. I bought a whacker which cost a grand so I'm happy to use it rather than leave it in the garage. I slide it up my folding ramp and into my van but it weights nearly 100kgs. ? 

Back