Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New toy today ?

Baldmonkey

New toy today, just put the power up 3D in and didn't want batteries to drain down to far with all the electrics i have, pump, panel, reels, light bar etc so this will defo keep them topped up over night

20210312_151452.jpg

I’ve not used the above make. But I have got a ctek 7. One of the plastic crocodile clips, the plastic cover kept sliding, so I emailed them during lockdown. I explained the situation within four days I had a replacement sent. Fantastic customer service. Can’t fault ctek. 5 years guarantee too. 
I hope your new toy is just as good and works for you. @Baldmonkey

Do you have a link to this please.

I've noticed my battery isn't charging fully as I don't do a lot of miles and the jobs I do are big with the pump running all day.

My battery is around 12.5 on the controller so if any one can recommend something for additional charging options.

Do you have a link to this please.

I've noticed my battery isn't charging fully as I don't do a lot of miles and the jobs I do are big with the pump running all day.

My battery is around 12.5 on the controller so if any one can recommend something for additional charging options.
I actually got mine for £149 but they are out of stock but here's one from Halford 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/battery-maintenance/battery-chargers/g26000uk-26a-noco-smart-charger-721922.html?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Motoring>Battery+Maintenance>Battery+Chargers-_-Motoring>Battery+Maintenance>Battery+Chargers-_-721922&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istFeedId=62b447cf-331e-4fec-a47a-9985ff72d404&istItemId=wrpxpiaix&istBid=t

Ive got one of those. Pretty good .
Is it the 26amp model g26000? How have you found it, its pack with features and is a beast! 

I don't think it's as high spec as yours it's the G7200. It's 7.2 amp. I've had it since November 2019. It seems pretty good. It's had a fair bit of use as my van doesn't have split relay. 

I don't think it's as high spec as yours it's the G7200. It's 7.2 amp. I've had it since November 2019. It seems pretty good. It's had a fair bit of use as my van doesn't have split relay. 
Ah right, I've currently got an 8amp one onboard to charge 2 x 110ah batteries. It's always been good at keeping the batteries charged but I've now added a power reel and a light bar on top of the van. 

Was buying a new charger and thought, go big or go home ???

Ah right, I've currently got an 8amp one onboard to charge 2 x 110ah batteries. It's always been good at keeping the batteries charged but I've now added a power reel and a light bar on top of the van. 

Was buying a new charger and thought, go big or go home ???
I have a split charge relay in the van so I just need to top them up every now and again as my limited millage is draining the battery low..Would this charger be a bit more than I need.

Do you remove the battery from the back of van to charge it or can you leave it in?

I have a split charge relay in the van so I just need to top them up every now and again as my limited millage is draining the battery low..Would this charger be a bit more than I need.

Do you remove the battery from the back of van to charge it or can you leave it in?
It depends how big your battery is. I have the 10amp version and I think that’s rated to 200ah. 

you can buy ring terminals to attach to the battery that the charger plugs into to save having to connect the crocodile clips every time.

Hi, I have power fed into the van via a waterproof port and have the charger constantly on board and ready to charge when the power lead is connected. I currently have 2 x 110ah batteries which are standard leisure ones and can't fall below 50% as this can cause damage to the battery. 

The charger is overkill but I was buying a new one and wanted to future proof best I could. 

I have a completely depleted 80ah battery in the workshop that I was planned to take to the tip but hadn't got round to it. 

I hooked the charger up and it took less than 4 hours to fully charge it. 

Hi, I have power fed into the van via a waterproof port and have the charger constantly on board and ready to charge when the power lead is connected. I currently have 2 x 110ah batteries which are standard leisure ones and can't fall below 50% as this can cause damage to the battery. 

The charger is overkill but I was buying a new one and wanted to future proof best I could. 

I have a completely depleted 80ah battery in the workshop that I was planned to take to the tip but hadn't got round to it. 

I hooked the charger up and it took less than 4 hours to fully charge it. 
Don't ever take a battery to the tip. Take it to a local scrap yard they will give you ££ for it!!! I took 3 big batteries and a couple of very small sealed lead acids when moving house and I think they paid me about £25.

Back