Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone park their van in a garage with up and over door?

ks789

Just wondering if many are able to. Nowdays a lot of these dwellings the only available parking is in the garage that comes underneath the property. Handy for stopping freezing on cold nights, but not much use if the van dont go in there. Im guessing def not the big vans, but surely a modest vauxhall combo?? I swear they look much lower than my connect but dont seem to be from the figures I found. Mind you, drives me nuts looking all that up, so conflicting and my patience low etc ?

I'd be surprised if they where big enough not just height, but there us usually a room behind them so reduced in depth, take a tape measure with you to a viewing. 

I've got a much smaller concrete prefab garage now, How I miss my 21ft garage with a 6ft+ ceiling and loft space ?

I'd be surprised if they where big enough not just height, but there us usually a room behind them so reduced in depth, take a tape measure with you to a viewing. 

I've got a much smaller concrete prefab garage now, How I miss my 21ft garage with a 6ft+ ceiling and loft space ?
Some of these garages are amazing. better than some of our actual houses 

Most modern cars /vans are to wide to fit in the garage my Audi is about 6 inches wider than the garage door ???? not that it would fit with all my junk in there anyway ??

My Vauxhall combo used to fit under my up and over door if I took the ladders off! However since I had the electric doors fitted it goes in with the ladders on. 

Some of these garages are amazing. better than some of our actual houses 
At our last house the houses and the garages where the old farm barns hence been 21ft deep, but it looked **** inside, but yeah I think a really good sized garage all painted out and nicely organised shelfing workbench etc looks really really good. 

Most modern cars /vans are to wide to fit in the garage my Audi is about 6 inches wider than the garage door ???? not that it would fit with all my junk in there anyway ??
at the last place I could fit a L200 in and all my junk now I struggle to just fit all my junk in 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Vauxhall combo used to fit under my up and over door if I took the ladders off! However since I had the electric doors fitted it goes in with the ladders on. 
Aha, im looking into a combo, just got a new mot on the connect so maybe good time to sell ( though the combo would be equally overpriced in this current market so no advantage there I guess) Yeh I'd have to take ladders off. just when I looked up I couldn't find much difference in height between the combo and connect, but im sure there must be as I have to stand on front bottom door bit and on back inside of van to put ladder on and off, and im near 6 foot. looking at some combos it looks like could take them on and off just standing on ground but haven't tested that tbh.

Aha, im looking into a combo, just got a new mot on the connect so maybe good time to sell ( though the combo would be equally overpriced in this current market so no advantage there I guess) Yeh I'd have to take ladders off. just when I looked up I couldn't find much difference in height between the combo and connect, but im sure there must be as I have to stand on front bottom door bit and on back inside of van to put ladder on and off, and im near 6 foot. looking at some combos it looks like could take them on and off just standing on ground but haven't tested that tbh.
I can take the ladders off my combo and I’m 5’10”. Is easier if I park next to a kerb tho!

They should either admit at point of sale  that they are either for ford ka etc only, or they aren't garages, just storage ?
Most modern garages and houses for that matter are built to meet the gov minimum requirements to classify them as such!!!! It's the house building companies who keep lobbying gov to allow them to cram more and more houses per acre in so they can be made 'affordable'. Nothing to do with their profits, honest!!!!!! It's also why there are so many more 'town' houses being built as they can occupy less land and get more bedrooms in, so more profit!

Back