Jump to content

pure freedom system


simon smith

Recommended Posts

simon smith

got a purefreedom system ,when filling tank have to press the 2 buttons on the control panel to fill, cant work out why?, why wont it just fill when i turn the tap on, might be a stupid question but its been bugging me thanks

Link to post
1 hour ago, simon smith said:

got a purefreedom system ,when filling tank have to press the 2 buttons on the control panel to fill, cant work out why?, why wont it just fill when i turn the tap on, might be a stupid question but its been bugging me thanks

@Part Timer has a pure freedom system so he should know 

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

@Part Timer has a pure freedom system so he should know 

Not a clue as all I do is change filters and resin. If things don't work I pay someone else to fix them. All  I do know is when you do press them it does what it supposed to so why question it? I don't need to know why, all I need to know is it does.

I assume it's a mechanical lever / solenoid that needs to be open to fill and close to prevent all the water running out of the R/O when water turned off.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post

It sounds like it's got an electronic shut off valve, I have a controller that gives that option. Its connected to a float valve so it can automatically stop after a certain level, that would be my opinion. If it doesn't have a float valve then the electronic shut off was just added to make the system seem fancier 😃

  • Like 1
Link to post

I was told pressing the two buttons activates /opens the solenoid valve and this is what allows the water to then enter the system. Going back a few years now but I believe that's what the Pure Freedom guy told me when I had my system fitted.

  • Like 2
Link to post
7 hours ago, Suhrly said:

I was told pressing the two buttons activates /opens the solenoid valve and this is what allows the water to then enter the system. Going back a few years now but I believe that's what the Pure Freedom guy told me when I had my system fitted.

Bloody hell I was right, I'm now officially a boffin. @spruce who 😃

  • Haha 3
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

See mate all these hours on here is paying off for ya 😆

Usually if the topic mentions anything more technical then changing a plug I skip it as I know fine well it will all be gobbidlygook and go straight over my head.

I'm good, or I think I am, on the financial side of business and bloody hopeless on the technical.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Usually if the topic mentions anything more technical then changing a plug I skip it as I know fine well it will all be gobbidlygook and go straight over my head.

I'm good, or I think I am, on the financial side of business and bloody hopeless on the technical.

Lol Ime totally the opposite very practical and hopeless with the paperwork 😂😂😂😂

Link to post
30 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Lol Ime totally the opposite very practical and hopeless with the paperwork 😂😂😂😂

Just shows you don't have to be a jack of all trades, just a master of one, to be successful.

  • Like 2
Link to post
22 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Just shows you don't have to be a jack of all trades, just a master of one, to be successful.

I'm just sh1te at everything. I'm a good tyre kicker tho 😂

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.