Jump to content

Compasight wood


tench0771

Recommended Posts

Been asked to clean this its not wood although it looks like wood its a compasight material its going green so thault ddac it what do you lads think !

20210308_153707.jpg

Link to post

Also this is one of them self build houses the guy had a huge Christmas tree a ball ball fell off and smashed the inside Window never seen this before any way ive notest there is few scratches appearing and its defo brush been scrubing very lite but still appearing im very concerned any one had issues with these im wondering if this glass is softer than standard glass?

Link to post
21 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Been asked to clean this its not wood although it looks like wood its a compasight material its going green so thault ddac it what do you lads think !

20210308_153707.jpg

Hmm Have you tried agitating already? Sometimes those surfaces come up fine, other times a wet brush doesn’t remove a lot. But If it’s just green algae, and if you haven’t tried yet, I would personally first get a fairly strong mix of ubix (or something similar) mixed with hot water in a back pack, agitate with a stiff brush, then clean with a soft brush.

If that doesn’t then yeah, bio would work, algo clear pro can be applied to nearly all plastic/ wood/ metal & masonry surfaces. Use the foamiest nozzle possible as it’ll run off easily on that surface. 

(Disclaimer: 1 haven’t actually biocide that kind of material/surface before) let us know what you do 

Link to post
17 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Also this is one of them self build houses the guy had a huge Christmas tree a ball ball fell off and smashed the inside Window never seen this before any way ive notest there is few scratches appearing and its defo brush been scrubing very lite but still appearing im very concerned any one had issues with these im wondering if this glass is softer than standard glass?

Blimey lol  
Nope never heard of that. 

Link to post

Ive switched to a mono brush  now last clean i used gardner ultimate flocked its cleaned every 4 weeks so they stay clean im torn wether to cancel all 3 jobs as there all same self build or try trad no one has said anything about it but im now very paranoid every time i go there 

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
6 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

Hmm Have you tried agitating already? Sometimes those surfaces come up fine, other times a wet brush doesn’t remove a lot. But If it’s just green algae, and if you haven’t tried yet, I would personally first get a fairly strong mix of ubix (or something similar) mixed with hot water in a back pack, agitate with a stiff brush, then clean with a soft brush.

If that doesn’t then yeah, bio would work, algo clear pro can be applied to nearly all plastic/ wood/ metal & masonry surfaces. Use the foamiest nozzle possible as it’ll run off easily on that surface. 

(Disclaimer: 1 haven’t actually biocide that kind of material/surface before) let us know what you do 

I would just use hot water and dip brush in degreaser, it will be alga I imagine.

Link to post

@tench0771 I'd want to know what it's made up off, these composite woods can be a bit like MDF but the outer coating can be like a kitchen worktop, 

We are having composite panels in our new bathroom and the outer-skin is like a kitchen worktop for the shower panels and the panels just click together they are a distressed wood effect, which maybe similar to what you are cleaning, things are moving so fast these day's with new developments across the board......

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.