Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for advice for replacement filter part.......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lee101

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to source replacement foam rings for the 700ml/10" refillable DI resin cartridges, and if so from where??, I have looked everywhere and can't find them, fair play replacement empty cartridges are only £5/6 pound to buy new, but why replace the whole cartridge when there fine, it's just the foam rings that have become a bit knackered now.

Another window cleaner I know cut new ones out of bath sponges, it's an option, but if I can buy them ready to go I would rather do that.

Thanks in advance ?

Lee

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to source replacement foam rings for the 700ml/10" refillable DI resin cartridges, and if so from where??, I have looked everywhere and can't find them, fair play replacement empty cartridges are only £5/6 pound to buy new, but why replace the whole cartridge when there fine, it's just the foam rings that have become a bit knackered now.

Another window cleaner I know cut new ones out of bath sponges, it's an option, but if I can buy them ready to go I would rather do that.

Thanks in advance ?

Lee
Those 10" things are useless, just take the cannister out of the housing it's in and put it back on just so the water can pass through to the membranes and that will do you, 

My standard 10" R/O only has two chambers first one for sediment filter second is for the carbon filter that's it, I am in a soft to medium water area with a tap tds of 75ppm 

Those 10" things are useless, just take the cannister out of the housing it's in and put it back on just so the water can pass through to the membranes and that will do you, 

My standard 10" R/O only has two chambers first one for sediment filter second is for the carbon filter that's it, I am in a soft to medium water area with a tap tds of 75ppm 
That's great for you, honestly I'm proper pleased for ya mate, I live in the south east of England, Suffolk in East Anglia, our water is filthy, dirty, undrinkable shite that I just did a reading on, today it's 427ppm!!!, if you think I can get away with the same setup you have you are sadly mistaken, I would no customers left in a month flat, I actually double resin my output water from the main RO unit, then when it get above a useable limit I switch the 2nd RO cassette out and put it in the first housing, then put a new clean one in the 2nd, that way you get more life out of you resin, trust me, filtering water where I live is a science, even my dogs won't drink it from the tap!!!

That's great for you, honestly I'm proper pleased for ya mate, I live in the south east of England, Suffolk in East Anglia, our water is filthy, dirty, undrinkable shite that I just did a reading on, today it's 427ppm!!!, if you think I can get away with the same setup you have you are sadly mistaken, I would no customers left in a month flat, I actually double resin my output water from the main RO unit, then when it get above a useable limit I switch the 2nd RO cassette out and put it in the first housing, then put a new clean one in the 2nd, that way you get more life out of you resin, trust me, filtering water where I live is a science, even my dogs won't drink it from the tap!!!
You'd be far better off getting a 40/40 R/O from https://daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm plenty of advice on here already and @doug atkinson will only sell you what you need, but you will need to know your exact water pressure also. 

Thanks, I'll have a look ?
If you give Doug a ring through the week he will happily talk you through the best system for you and if you need a booster pump, he ain't no sales person at all he'll just tell you the best set up for your needs. 

Jesus you must be going thru some resin, as @Iron Giantsays have a chat with Doug and get yourself an RO before your twin DI set up.

im Essex and my TDs is Approx 350 atm couldn’t imagine using DI only.

My water pressure as dropped the last few months in preparation for 1100 new houses going up I about a half a mile away from me TDS was 67psi now 55psi but I’m still getting 009 tds from RO then I polish that with the DI. 

Latest Posts

Back