Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Unger nLITE WFP

Nosey

Just seen the video for Unger’s latest pole with trad man in. I’m only new to WFP switching over from being a trad cleaner for the last ten years. I’ve gone for the Gardiner SLX and am very pleased with it. But just wondering what people’s thoughts are on Ungers range and if anyone uses them?

The video seems a bit corny, but the pole looks pretty good and with the new shape I guess this helps with stopping the sections from eventually spinning? 

Video was very corney, 'big beardy' bloke looks like never used a pole at start then all of a sudden it's easy with new pole  ?

Until the unger has been round for 6 months I wouldn't touch it. Unger have previously made heavy poles with naff clamps. We need to see how the clamps fare in day to day use.

I do like some of the little touches like adding extensions without messing about with threading pole hose and switching from jets to rinse bar but thats not new.

Your slx is a great pole and will serve you well, you made the right choice in my opinion. 

It's always interesting to see what new products manufacturers bring to market, just occasionally there is something that moves us forward.

As Ched said you are in a good position with an SL-X and can afford to wait and see how others get on with the new Unger, let somebody else be the guinea pig, it's probably a lot of money to risk.

Looks big and heavy with oversized clamps which will add to the weight, I really don't think Unger gets what a w.f.p should be,

If the Gardiners pole in the vid was the same size pole as the unger one so 22ft for example the Unger base section is a lot bigger, with my little hands I could use a pole like that at all it would be holding a 35ft to do standard houses, it looks like something ionics brought out years ago, 

They are making out like they have reinvented things which they haven't they have simply looked at other poles and cherry picked from other poles and made out like what they have done is all new, pole hose inside the pole ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair it looks ok as a high level commercial pole but you wouldn't want to be using that as an everyday pole for domestics.....much better to stick to either a Gardiner SLX or Xtreme pole IMO....I use both(25 footers)for the majority of my work and an xtreme 47 for high level work.

Looks like a scaffold pole , I tried the previous model and it was very heavy there brushes weigh a ton , unger  trad stuff is good but there wfp stuff is rubbish , stick to Gardiners , it’s got a proven track record and we use them up to 8 storeys no problem 

My main concern is the shape. We have seen the Ova 8 pole and now the Unger non round pole. Clearly this is the way forward to stop spinning with WFP. I’m guessing these shapes will be patented and protected so if round pole manufacturers want to go down this route I think the best shapes have already gone. Apart from maybe a single rib down the sections I hope the round pole manufacturers have got their thinking caps on. Otherwise it may be to late to join the ‘non round’ club. 

A circular section is stronger than an elliptical one so don't write them off just yet.
Yes, the strength and stiffness of a round pole is the same no matter whether the pole is straight in front or angled off to the side , as over a conservatory. That's why fishing rods are round, so a fish can be played when it's running wide without having to look at the rod orientation except to protect the rings.

Oval would be stronger and stiffer I'd say, if all of the work was directly in the forward plane. Our work isn't always in the forward plane so therefore the best strength to weight overall is with a round pole, same as a fishing rod, surely? I would think that an oval pole must be weaker and less stiff when it's worked sideways than when it's worked in front? I'd be interested to hear if I'm mistaken. ?

Yes, the strength and stiffness of a round pole is the same no matter whether the pole is straight in front or angled off to the side , as over a conservatory. That's why fishing rods are round, so a fish can be played when it's running wide without having to look at the rod orientation except to protect the rings.

Oval would be stronger and stiffer I'd say, if all of the work was directly in the forward plane. Our work isn't always in the forward plane so therefore the best strength to weight overall is with a round pole, same as a fishing rod, surely? I would think that an oval pole must be weaker and less stiff when it's worked sideways than when it's worked in front? I'd be interested to hear if I'm mistaken. ?
I would imagine that the sections need to be thicker in places to compensate? Even if not there is a larger surface area so probably heavier than an equivilant circular section.

My main concern is the shape. We have seen the Ova 8 pole and now the Unger non round pole. Clearly this is the way forward to stop spinning with WFP. I’m guessing these shapes will be patented and protected so if round pole manufacturers want to go down this route I think the best shapes have already gone. Apart from maybe a single rib down the sections I hope the round pole manufacturers have got their thinking caps on. Otherwise it may be to late to join the ‘non round’ club. 
I don't think they could patent a shape, Gardiners came up with the lateral smart clamp and have it patented but others have come along with lateral clamps. 

Back