Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What waterpole system to buy

Cesar Bueno

Hi everyone. 

I am quite new to window cleaning with pure water and I am looking at buying a system for my van. 

As I am completely new to this, I feel absolutely blind when I read the different options available. 

What are the reasonable specifications that I should have in my system to make my work cost effective and with quality?  What sort of systems to buy based on your own experiences. 

I will be very grateful if you may share your experiences and guide me a little bit.

Thanks. 

Cesar 

Hi everyone. 

I am quite new to window cleaning with pure water and I am looking at buying a system for my van. 

As I am completely new to this, I feel absolutely blind when I read the different options available. 

What are the reasonable specifications that I should have in my system to make my work cost effective and with quality?  What sort of systems to buy based on your own experiences. 

I will be very grateful if you may share your experiences and guide me a little bit.

Thanks. 
1st  off I'd say  how or where you plan on getting your pure water. Then look into a van system.

I thought the system sent in the link it already had the purifying system in itself. It comes with all the filters already... 

Do I have to have extra filters externally in order to have such systems? 

I  buy my pure from local Spotless water filling point. So I only needed a delivery only system. I got a 350ltr tank system. It's all down to choice and what you think you'll need.

I appreciate it but if I were to have a system would the below be enough?

The specifications are: 

Pro-Lite 500L Window Cleaning System

Professional 4040 RO Membrane
 WaterGenie 4040  Low Energy High Rejection Membranes

Low Energy Membranes

High Rejection - Ave 99% @ 6.8bar

100% Integrity Tested

State of the Art Manufacturing process

4040 Stainless Steel Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing & Fittings

This is a COMMERCIAL GRADE - Stainless Steel 4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing that is designed for a lifetime of use.

4040 Stainless Steel (304) Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing that will accept any standard 4040 RO membrane.

Maximum operating Pressure 300psi

Manufactured from continuous stainless steel tube (NOT 2 PARTS WELDED TOGETHER)

Weight 5.25kg

All ports are 3/4" BSP Thread, except for blanking plug which is 1/2"

7 litre DI vessel with virgin Tulsion 115 Resin

7 litre capacity

Includes stand

Complete vessel, all parts included and assembled, such as the riser pipe, resin head, and internal parts.

Complies with all requirements of P.E.D. 97/23/EC directive

Suitable for drinking water following KTW recommendations.

Maximum Pressure 10.5 Bar (150Psi)

Maximum temperature 49C (120F)

Minimum Temperature 1C (34F)

Maximum Vacuum 127mm Hg (5"Hg)

Vessel Approved for water filtration use only

Vessel must not be exposed to Temperature below -29C (-20F)

100 psi pump 5.0LPM
Pump controller
Carbon block filter
High quality Powder coated steel frame
Heavy duty Baffled tank
Reinforced with heavy duty, durable 12mm hose. 
Built and manufactured by our skilled engineers so its ready for you to use.

I appreciate it but if I were to have a system would the below be enough?

The specifications are: 

Pro-Lite 500L Window Cleaning System

Professional 4040 RO Membrane
 WaterGenie 4040  Low Energy High Rejection Membranes

Low Energy Membranes

High Rejection - Ave 99% @ 6.8bar

100% Integrity Tested

State of the Art Manufacturing process

4040 Stainless Steel Commercial Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing & Fittings

This is a COMMERCIAL GRADE - Stainless Steel 4040 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing that is designed for a lifetime of use.

4040 Stainless Steel (304) Reverse Osmosis Membrane Housing that will accept any standard 4040 RO membrane.

Maximum operating Pressure 300psi

Manufactured from continuous stainless steel tube (NOT 2 PARTS WELDED TOGETHER)

Weight 5.25kg

All ports are 3/4" BSP Thread, except for blanking plug which is 1/2"

7 litre DI vessel with virgin Tulsion 115 Resin

7 litre capacity

Includes stand

Complete vessel, all parts included and assembled, such as the riser pipe, resin head, and internal parts.

Complies with all requirements of P.E.D. 97/23/EC directive

Suitable for drinking water following KTW recommendations.

Maximum Pressure 10.5 Bar (150Psi)

Maximum temperature 49C (120F)

Minimum Temperature 1C (34F)

Maximum Vacuum 127mm Hg (5"Hg)

Vessel Approved for water filtration use only

Vessel must not be exposed to Temperature below -29C (-20F)

100 psi pump 5.0LPM
Pump controller
Carbon block filter
High quality Powder coated steel frame
Heavy duty Baffled tank
Reinforced with heavy duty, durable 12mm hose. 
Built and manufactured by our skilled engineers so its ready for you to use.
You'll need to check the TDS of your water, to see what system you require. Others on here a lot more knowledgeable than me can advise. I'm a newbie myself. I looked into it for a long while, and myself being able to buy pure was best route for me

You'll need to check the TDS of your water, to see what system you require. Others on here a lot more knowledgeable than me can advise. I'm a newbie myself. I looked into it for a long while, and myself being able to buy pure was best route for me
Also what van you have/looking at. What payload will dictate tank size.

Welcome.

The sort of questions you have have been asked a good few times. Have a look at the search box at the top right. 

You will need a tank and frame so it can be securely bolted through the van floor to the chassis, a pump (most use Surflo 100psi 5l/min), a controller (Spring V16 is great - lots of 3rd party rebrand sellers), a reel and 100m of hose (6mm best for weight), a pole (gardiners SLX very good value), a leisure batter and means to charge it (Halfords are not bad for leisure battery but go as big as you can and Class A or B). 

Now you need to either buy pure water from local supplier or make your own with an RO system - have a search.

Hope that gives you some clues?

I'd get a backpack,pole n brush and a few barrels and practice on your own house,friends, family etc. Maybe someone in the Luton area may sell some of the pure they make. Until you get your system worked out n fitted. 

Back