Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extending Phantom Hi-Mod pole for Solar Panel cleaning

Cleanz

Hi, I've got a 30ft hi-mod pole which I've used for window cleaning for a about a year. 

I want to extend it to 45ft so I can do solar panels from the ground, so I think I need to buy section 6,7 & 8 to make it 45ft - but the base cap only goes up to section 7?

Looked around but can't seem to find one that will fit.

Whilst I'm on the subject, are the Unger nLite® Radius Solar Brush Head any good for Solar Panel cleaning over say an Xline?

Any help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried phoning them several times but not been able to get through, does anyone know if a base for section 7 will fit section 8?

You don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere....

Do Gardiners end caps fit phantom poles ??? Wouldn’t have thought so ??

you don’t want to put a quality end cap on a rubbish pole either ?????
Gardiner quote the diameter of pole they fit so there should be one close enough to fit ?  The go up in 3mm increments.

Thanks for the suggestions on the base caps

Surprised at the hate directed towards the Phantom's, not had any problems with them personally and the poles seem exactly the same as Gardiners but with better clamps....

My last Gardiner pole (an Slx-35), one clamp came off within 2 weeks of owning and Gardiners just sent me some glue, then another clamp about a month later and they refused to send me a new pole.  

I had owed Slx's before that, that I had no problems with and lasted a long time - so I'm not sure if something changed along the way??

Surprised at the hate directed towards the Phantom's, not had any problems with them personally and the poles seem exactly the same as Gardiners but with better clamps....

My last Gardiner pole (an Slx-35), one clamp came off within 2 weeks of owning and Gardiners just sent me some glue, then another clamp about a month later and they refused to send me a new pole.  

I had owed Slx's before that, that I had no problems with and lasted a long time - so I'm not sure if something changed along the way??
I don't think there is any hate, just banter.

I don't think there is any hate, just banter.
Just a turn of phrase, wondered if there was any substance in it is all.  I'm looking some new poles before the  tax comes in, not sure what the latest and greatest are?  I keep hearing good things about Boss poles?  I wouldn't go back to Gardiners myself

Just a turn of phrase, wondered if there was any substance in it is all.  I'm looking some new poles before the  tax comes in, not sure what the latest and greatest are?  I keep hearing good things about Boss poles?  I wouldn't go back to Gardiners myself
I have a extreme 25’ with extreme extensions to 35’ plus slx 8 and 9 extensions to take me to 44’ I know that’s not what you don’t to hear but what I’m trying to say is If you not prepared to buy gardiner poles again completely your choice I fully respect that ? and you can’t get extensions for your pole of choice the only other option I should to buy a 44’ pole I personally can’t see another alternative. 

Try out the boss poles then maybe you could do a review I have read a couple of people say they are good on FB I would like to know how their HIMOD poles compare to the Gardiner extreme pole. 

Defo not hate at all, I think the way in which a certain person conducted himself online some years ago when the Phoenix or Phantom pole was realised may have put some people off buying from them. 

I have only ever had one clamp come loose on a pole I just went out and bought some super glue and it never budged at all, I wouldn't expect to be given a replacement pole because 2 clamps came loose.

Speaking for myself I am just so use to using Gardiners poles and all the fittings for around 8 years now, I am stuck with what I'm so used to as I don't like change also there customer service has always been very good. 

Defo not hate at all, I think the way in which a certain person conducted himself online some years ago when the Phoenix or Phantom pole was realised may have put some people off buying from them. 

I have only ever had one clamp come loose on a pole I just went out and bought some super glue and it never budged at all, I wouldn't expect to be given a replacement pole because 2 clamps came loose.

Speaking for myself I am just so use to using Gardiners poles and all the fittings for around 8 years now, I am stuck with what I'm so used to as I don't like change also there customer service has always been very good. 
The clamps weren't just loose, they came off entirely - which for a brand new product isn't acceptable.

I've had several poles from Gardiners, over the years - but had many problems with thier poles in the last years I was using them -  that was the icing on the cake.  Seems like somethiing wasn't right after a time, whether or not it was just bad luck or poor quality control, I don't know.

The clamps weren't just loose, they came off entirely - which for a brand new product isn't acceptable.

I've had several poles from Gardiners, over the years - but had many problems with thier poles in the last years I was using them -  that was the icing on the cake.  Seems like somethiing wasn't right after a time, whether or not it was just bad luck or poor quality control, I don't know.
It does appear that if you dare post your own personal experience regarding anything to do with Gardiners you will get shot down. Without doubt they are the best poles but not perfect.

I ordered a load of stuff a few months ago and they sent me the wrong brushes. No apologies just a request what names were on the packing list and was then told to send them back and when they received them they would then send me the 2 brushes I actually ordered. Must have thought I wasn't going to send them back and keep them.

Fair do's if you've had multiple issues, 

Yes but you haven’t un packed and used it yet ????
Hahahaha! No, i’ve had good innings out of it else I wouldn’t have put my 2 pence in. A clamp failed for a reason I can’t precisely recall, something happened when I was tightening it, but the beauty is you can buy a new one to replace it for something like a tenner. Other than that it’s been fantastic.

I use it as you shouldn’t, close windows with it and haven’t been fastidious in cleaning and maintaining it. I break it down to clean and spray it approximately once a month. I’d recommend it. 

If I were to get another pole I’d look at the ova-8. I’m sold on the shape stopping you from gripping it too tightly. I’m 34 and plan to be still walking, singing and dancing when I’m in my 70s so something small like that I see having a noticeable benefit for the future me. 

It does appear that if you dare post your own personal experience regarding anything to do with Gardiners you will get shot down. Without doubt they are the best poles but not perfect.

I ordered a load of stuff a few months ago and they sent me the wrong brushes. No apologies just a request what names were on the packing list and was then told to send them back and when they received them they would then send me the 2 brushes I actually ordered. Must have thought I wasn't going to send them back and keep them.
I don't think it's that as such, I have not had a bad experience with Gardiners so I can only reply based on my experience.

I think asking you to send them back first before they would send the correct brushes out is bad. especially when they will look at you account and order history and how much you will have spent with them, that should have been enough to immediately send out the correct items as it was completely there fault. 

FMy Gardiner experience as been great can’t fault them.

TBH I have heard mix things about all the different makers so good so bad. 

For example heard the Boss poles are good hen heard the clamps are **** what do you believe? 

People that own the ova 8 poles rate them I have tried 17’ and 22’ both felt nice but were really heavy, even there HIMOd 22’ comes in heavier than a Gardiner 25’ 

I would like a ova shaped 18’ that weighs the same as a 18’ extreme but as the old boy said @Part Timerno pole Is perfect ?

Back