Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Winter Time is coming!

Gleam123

What I do as wfp may be different to what others who are trad do ?

I always go out even if its just sitting in the van waiting to come home, the extra hour or two for earning can make all the difference. After cleaning windows since I was 17 (now 61) I nearly gave it all up last winter. Get ready now while there are still some daylight ours left, even if it means taking a day off to prepare etc

I'm going to get plenty more layers than I usually have carried in the past, my general winter gear is 2 pairs of trousers(or thermals and one set), then 2shirts,jumper then fleece. I wear hat,scarf and balaclava, which becomes a hat later in the day.

I keep grit in the van for times when my water drips on the floor and it freezes.

I keep customers number so I can ring them for possible delays.

The problem this year will be water, as the tap will be turned off to stop pipes bursting and I have no shelter for the housing.

2 pair of kegs??i dont know how you do it i sweat like a pig all year round lol.i wear a hat and hoodie thats it maybe 2 t.shirts,used to it as work on sites for years and i hate warmth weird i know lol.

I clean windows aslong as its safe and if it's raining I explain to customers that it wont affect their windows.

If it gets to the point it's freezing on windows or the floor when it drips I tend to call it a day.

This year looks like it'll be the true test of motivation and endurance.

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps

An old gamekeeper told me to get a hand warmer,as he had one for years & they really work. They are called PEACOCK pocket warmers,i was amazed all you have to do is fill it with lighter fuel,it has a platinum-catalyzed glass fiber burner,light it & it stays warm for at least 24 hors if you fill it to brim,i have had mine a few years now,i bought it from GK trading co,67 Orchard st MK427JJ tel 01234300000,i think it was about £12 well worth the money . I will be using it as weather worsens,does anyone have anything similar ?

colin jones

ps just looked on internet they are £22 now with free delivery

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.