Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gloves... Is it just me?

Baldmonkey

Got in the van this morning and realised I have three types of gloves with me on the seat all the time.. From left to right cold weather, wet weather, dry weather ???

Does anyone else do this? 

20210316_085923.jpg

No we never use gloves ,we do carry nitrile gloves for gutter work if we have to empty by hand but that’s it . 

No we never use gloves ,we do carry nitrile gloves for gutter work if we have to empty by hand but that’s it . 
Do you not get carbon dust on your hands whilst you work day to day? It's the main reason I started wearing them! 

I used to with an older six pole but using the extreme pole at the moment not had a problem with it no idea why ?? I don’t like gloves I find I sweat badly wearing them and hands go all pappy , 

Got in the van this morning and realised I have three types of gloves with me on the seat all the time.. From left to right cold weather, wet weather, dry weather ???

Does anyone else do this? 

View attachment 23827
I do something similar. I carry three types in the van.

Waterproof rubberised for gutter emptying.

Short fingered, lightweight Crewsaver sailing gloves for when it's very cold

Site (Screwfix) working gloves for when it's even colder

I very rarely wear gloves. It has to be bitterly cold. I don't worry too much about wet hands. I'd rather them be wet than sweaty, clammy and smelly. My hands usually only get a little damp anyway as I don't do any wiping down with cloths and they're dry again in moments.

Those that don’t wear gloves at all do you get arthritis in your hand and fingers ? I never use to wear gloves but do now as wet hands were causing me to lose movement in my fingers.

Those that don’t wear gloves at all do you get arthritis in your hand and fingers ? I never use to wear gloves but do now as wet hands were causing me to lose movement in my fingers.
wet hands dont cause arthritis....wear and tear or an autoimmune disorder causes it......

i use hot water so hands are warm due to warm hose all year round and dont get too wet during the day

I think the fact that we hold a pole for several hours a day which is not what our hands are intended for guarantees that we will get problems as we get older.

My hands are not wet most of the time.

I’ve not got hot water but whatever is going on with my hands and fingers wearing gloves is certainly helping. Good point re the pole and the grip needed as it’s not a natural routine for most people.

I do something similar. I carry three types in the van.

Waterproof rubberised for gutter emptying.

Short fingered, lightweight Crewsaver sailing gloves for when it's very cold

Site (Screwfix) working gloves for when it's even colder

I very rarely wear gloves. It has to be bitterly cold. I don't worry too much about wet hands. I'd rather them be wet than sweaty, clammy and smelly. My hands usually only get a little damp anyway as I don't do any wiping down with cloths and they're dry again in moments.
Yeah we are kinda waterproof ??

Yeah we are kinda waterproof ??
I can't really answer that. I know it's not good to be damp for long periods but I've worked outdoors and kayaked for most of the last forty years, winter and summer, good weather to violent storm force 10 and minus 10c (worked in that, didn’t kayak in it). Very rarely wore gloves.

Up to now, no problems of rheumatism or arthritis other than the very rare few minutes slight ache in a hand. I'm not trivialising the conditions. I know how lucky I am not to have aches and pains. My sympathy goes out to the good folks who do suffer from either condition. It must be horrible to have aches and pains over a long term. Hopefully the researchers will find a remedy in the next few years.

Ive got arthritis in my hands and wrists i found out years ago after giving up smoking copious amounts of weed every week they started hurting not shore if gloves have made any difference for me i just like clean hands ?

I have arthritis in both my knees the doctor said it’s due to laying under cars when I worked in the garage for 16 years , but when you are a teenager older age seems a long way off ??? but it soon catches up with you .

I have arthritis in both my knees the doctor said it’s due to laying under cars when I worked in the garage for 16 years , but when you are a teenager older age seems a long way off ??? but it soon catches up with you .
So true, luckily I had an older head on my shoulders, still done some things that I expect will come back to bite me.  

Back