Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Benz lighting clean

Danny91

Hi does any one have any before and after phots on this used to clean a roof? Bit worried about the colour the tiles will be left afterwards, also is there anything that gives the same results as the Benz bio clean without the wait? Or just anything you guys use? I’m looking at scrubbing it in with a backpack system but want a pretty rapid result. Thankyou

I think you are getting the two products mixed up Benz Lightning cleanse is a hypo based product and will give instant clean and restore the tiles to the original colour . Benz bio products will take time to work results will be seen in a few hours but total results can take several months . We generally hypo roofs first then bio them a few weeks or months later .i don’t have pictures of roof jobs but this is a k rend wall this was done with normal hypo but Benz stuff will give the same results 

B01A7140-7725-43F8-8EBE-57CA069DC836.jpeg

85A258F7-DC1E-4408-93DA-6710076AAB55.jpeg

CD60F737-E82A-4686-B929-2BA1C345EC40.jpeg

FB3CD803-6430-448C-B8D1-08C60226E886.jpeg

Edited by Pjj
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I think you are getting the two products mixed up Benz Lightning cleanse is a hypo based product and will give instant clean and restore the tiles to the original colour . Benz bio products will take time to work results will be seen in a few hours but total results can take several months . We generally hypo roofs first then bio them a few weeks or months later .

So would I be right doing the process of scraping the roof off all the moss I can then using a backpack and wfp give the roof a good scrub in then leave for 30/60 minutes then just rinse off throughly with a hosepipe? It’s just I’ve seen someone’s Facebook page of them doing it this way (not sure on the chemicals used) and it leaves the roof tiles looking all different colours? I’ve got 2/3 to quote but I want to be really certain before I leave anyone’s roof looking a mess. Cheers

16 minutes ago, Danny91 said:

So would I be right doing the process of scraping the roof off all the moss I can then using a backpack and wfp give the roof a good scrub in then leave for 30/60 minutes then just rinse off throughly with a hosepipe? It’s just I’ve seen someone’s Facebook page of them doing it this way (not sure on the chemicals used) and it leaves the roof tiles looking all different colours? I’ve got 2/3 to quote but I want to be really certain before I leave anyone’s roof looking a mess. Cheers

Yes a hypo mix will work well doing it that way , the tiles will return to there natural colour what ever that may be . Two applications should kill it all off and a light scrubb with a brush will loosen and work the mix into all the nooks and crannies , then give it a good rinse to remove all the dirt , you might need to empty the gutters of a sludge like soil , messy job without a gutter vac but doable , depending if it’s going into a drain or soakaway you can flush the gutters through with the garden hose . 

Any brush heads you’d recommend ? And would you say the big boy backpacks best for this job? Im going to pull the trigger tonight I think and get it ordered 

25 minutes ago, Danny91 said:

Any brush heads you’d recommend ? And would you say the big boy backpacks best for this job? Im going to pull the trigger tonight I think and get it ordered 

We use the Gardiner stiff supreame brushes when they are knackered for window cleaning we use them for render cleans . We use a trolly now but Gardiners back pack works well never had the one you mentioned 

Edited by Pjj
Posted (edited)

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/facelift-bigboy-2-backpack  The gardiner is out of stock until may! That’s the one I’ve mentioned I’ve only heard of the two backpacks I’m not sure if there is any others you’d recommend? 

ive got a xline 45 litre trolly but that was quite expensive and I use that for my window cleaning wouldn’t want to ruin that if they’re is a cheaper option, cheers mate 

Edited by Danny91
8 minutes ago, Danny91 said:

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/facelift-bigboy-2-backpack  The gardiner is out of stock until may! That’s the one I’ve mentioned I’ve only heard of the two backpacks I’m not sure if there is any others you’d recommend? 

ive got a xline 45 litre trolly but that was quite expensive and I use that for my window cleaning wouldn’t want to ruin that if they’re is a cheaper option, cheers mate 

I have no experience with that brand but guess it would be ok. I have used the Gardiner ones in the past  and find they last at least 3 years we use a lot of hypo and some strong  mixes and provided you flush it through they are fine , it will however void the warranty but at £115 they are cheap as chips and more than paid for with the first job . They are ideal for all chemical applications that we are likely to use . 

Niceone Thankyou! I’m going to have a look see if I can pick up a cheap second hand pole from anywhere, don’t think it would really need to be a good one with it being leant one the roof tiles from a tower scaffold? Maybe wrong hahah 

48 minutes ago, Danny91 said:

Niceone Thankyou! I’m going to have a look see if I can pick up a cheap second hand pole from anywhere, don’t think it would really need to be a good one with it being leant one the roof tiles from a tower scaffold? Maybe wrong hahah 

If working off scaffold a 25 foot should do most jobs fine don’t extend the first section much this will stiffen the pole no end , if possible only extend each section half tk 3/4 length again this will help stop the flex . Another cheap option fir this would be a Harris decorators pole they are quite cheap guessing one that size will cost £40 -60 and are hard to damage for this type of work . 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.