Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conny roofs, is this needed?

Bongofish

Hi everyone!

Ive joined a window cleaning group on Facebook , and alot of them seem to use fairy liquid on all the Conny roofs before doing the clean. I personally have done about 40 Conny roofs now and not had a complaint but I would say on 10 of them felt like it could have looked better.....Some marks that no matter how much I scrub with the brush don't come off. 

Ive always been a worried about using any kind of detergents Incas eof any damaging on bubbling, or leaving a bad clean, but wondering what's actually the norm? 

Also how would I cover a full roof in detergent with preferable not buying another backpack or contaminating a brush head? 

Like I say there's no major issue here as I just use my normal pure with a sill brush, but sometimes them dastardly marks that are too far to reach by hand and won't come off with a scrub and pure really bother me. 

Thanks in advance! 

We use a back pack sprayer with Virosol mix , but a cheap garden sprayer from B&q would work , fairy liquid is ok but it’s difficult to get rid of the sudds , virosol or similar doesn’t produce foam to the same extent so is easier to rinse . A de greaser works well fairy is a degreaser and will clean most stuff but the chemicals that are designed for plastic cleaning will always give better results in my opinion , I know some use  bio washing machine powder and say they get good results , but again trying to get rid of the bits is difficult . 

What do use to spray the ubik2000 if I can ask? ?

Also do you use the same method for all types of Conny roofs including glass? 
Back pack or B&q garden sprayer 

I use an old Hozelock pump up sprayer with a Virosol mix.

Wet the roof, spray it and leave it to dwell for a couple of mins then scrub & rinse. Best not done on a hot sunny day.

On the very rare occasion I do add ons I just add some tfr to a rectangular bucket I have mixed it with the right amount water and just dip brush in and scrub then leave to dwell a little,

If you use washing up liquid if you add too much you'll be on forever and a day rinsing away suds from the lower windows depending on the job. 

What do use to spray the ubik2000 if I can ask? ?

Also do you use the same method for all types of Conny roofs including glass? 
Garden sprayer is perfect, but to be honest are use an ordinary hand spraygun and spray it up as I’m going along. I find the results are fantastic, and yes I do use it on glass as well but you don’t really want it to dry on the glass hence the spraygun as I’m going along leaving it to soak in for a couple of minutes only.  

Back