Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lead staining soft wash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jamespf1

Hi all,

what the best way to remove any orange staining caused by hypo? 

I am going to clean a customers roof with hypo and worried about wind catching some of the spray and landing on his conservatory. How long do I have before the hypo ruins any upvc? What’s the best way to prevent this? Just keeping rinsing any upvc? 

thanks 

Wet it down first and keep it damp whilst applying hypo and it shouldn’t be affected to bad , a weak hypo mix can cause some white plastic to turn yellow but if rinsed off given a couple of hours it will revert to white we hypo a lot of plastic cleans as we find it will freshen up old plastics quite well . Bonnymans sell stuff to remove the brown staining from lead the name escapes me at the moment but have a look on there site . 

Wet it down first and keep it damp whilst applying hypo and it shouldn’t be affected to bad , a weak hypo mix can cause some white plastic to turn yellow but if rinsed off given a couple of hours it will revert to white we hypo a lot of plastic cleans as we find it will freshen up old plastics quite well . Bonnymans sell stuff to remove the brown staining from lead the name escapes me at the moment but have a look on there site . 
Rust remover -  works wonders for rusts based upon my research  ? 

Came accross this problem today while out giving a quote and a test patch. Typically where she wanted a test patch was the only place on the house with this stain... looks like its from the lead above.

any recommendations what to try and shift it? The render is painted

C2F49069-33BC-4A36-9D66-111CA0877538.jpeg

Came accross this problem today while out giving a quote and a test patch. Typically where she wanted a test patch was the only place on the house with this stain... looks like its from the lead above.

any recommendations what to try and shift it? The render is painted

View attachment 23961
Hypo won’t remove a lead stain in fact it will make it look worse , stains like this should be treated and removed before the use of hypo based products , look on bonnymans sight they have several products that will remove lead and rust stains . 

I did look at this on bonnymans, i know its for treating stains on lead but it wasnt clear if it can be used on render for strains from lead. 
thanks again for the advice!! Think i owe you a pint lol

FBE58A5C-D007-48CA-8212-4BAD3006371E.png

Back