Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lifan 9hp engine and ws201 interpump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davycrocket

Evening fellas 

My p/w engine has died so I'm looking to replace but with a smaller, lighter engine and I'm looking at dropping from 11hp to 9hp as I struggle with the weight of the machine as it currently is.

So, I have 3 questions 

Are the lifan engines ok ? Not looking at spending a lot.

And

Wiill the ws201 interpump and reduction gearbox work on the less powerful engine?   If so will the pump still require a tank to draw 15 ltrs of water from oŕ  does water usage drop with less rpm  ? ( I think water usage will remain the same)

P/w will only be used on fsg with an extending pole setup.

Cheers in advance 

Is it not worth rebuilding the engine you have or is it just too heavy? How much weight do you think you will save with a 9hp engine?

I would guess, and it is a guess, that 9 hp will just be like running your 12hp on 2/3 throttle.

Is it not worth rebuilding the engine you have or is it just too heavy? How much weight do you think you will save with a 9hp engine?

I would guess, and it is a guess, that 9 hp will just be like running your 12hp on 2/3 throttle.
Thanks for the reply

It's a kohler ch11 currently which is a bloody big lump of a thing, not sure on its weight but I can't lift it off the ground, perhaps 7hp would do the job but I'm not technically minded enough to know unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back