Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal clean idea

Top Glass

Afternoon all 

Just a quick one

I have purchased a karcher window vac with the spray bottle applicator and i was wondering if it would work to just use pure water in the spray bottle and then vac it up. 

Or is tht too easy ??

Top Glass said:
Afternoon all 

Just a quick one

I have purchased a karcher window vac with the spray bottle applicator and i was wondering if it would work to just use pure water in the spray bottle and then vac it up. 

Or is tht too easy ??
This is for internal cleans to be clear ?

Nope! You still need to mop & scrub with soap but they are usefull to reduce the amount of water getting all over the place.

I soap up the window on inside conny roofs with applicator on a pole then use the karcher cable tied to another pole to clean them off.

Works well but you have to have spare batteries. 

Internals can be awful.

Many aren't cleaned properly for a very long time so in the kitchen you've got the build up of soap scum, cooking fat and water marks, bathrooms can have all manner of cosmetics sprayed on, similar issues with soap and water marks, patio doors can have mucky dog paws, hand prints and on top of that all glass will have general filth and insect deposits.

If that's not enough there can also be ornaments, photo frames, blinds, curtains, furniture and assorted junk to move before even getting to the window (and putting back).

There's every chance of having extra internal glass in the room doors that a customer might want to have cleaned and maybe mirrors also.

Internals are best avoided if the client expects a similar price to external.

To answer the original question, I don't think the Karcher is the way to go and might make a customer think "I could do that".

Internals can be awful.

Many aren't cleaned properly for a very long time so in the kitchen you've got the build up of soap scum, cooking fat and water marks, bathrooms can have all manner of cosmetics sprayed on, similar issues with soap and water marks, patio doors can have mucky dog paws, hand prints and on top of that all glass will have general filth and insect deposits.

If that's not enough there can also be ornaments, photo frames, blinds, curtains, furniture and assorted junk to move before even getting to the window (and putting back).

There's every chance of having extra internal glass in the room doors that a customer might want to have cleaned and maybe mirrors also.

Internals are best avoided if the client expects a similar price to external.

To answer the original question, I don't think the Karcher is the way to go and might make a customer think "I could do that".
Internals are easy..

Soap up glass.

Scrub pane with scourer.

Blade off.

No scraping needed 

You guys do it with steel wool I believe?

Makes the job so much easier.
Yes some do. I use the 3M non scratch  pads (blue pads.) Less abrasive, but works fantastic for internal windows for removing stuff on slider doors, kitchen sink windows,  bathroom windows, shop front doors ect. 

Yes some do. I use the 3M non scratch  pads (blue pads.) Less abrasive, but works fantastic for internal windows for removing stuff on slider doors, kitchen sink windows,  bathroom windows, shop front doors ect. 
@Dave B

Forgot to mention still not tint freindly.  Just want to make that clear ?

Newbie might not realize anything abrasive used on tinted or treated glass will damage the treatment,  use with caution. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got myself a little giant stepladder - things amazing I keep it in the van and use it a lot for way more stuff than I initially thought I would. Great for internal conservatory roof cleans really solid and makes everything faster - I tend to take a few towels and use a thick mix on the applicator that works great for catching the few drips off the squeegee. 

Got myself a little giant stepladder - things amazing I keep it in the van and use it a lot for way more stuff than I initially thought I would. Great for internal conservatory roof cleans really solid and makes everything faster - I tend to take a few towels and use a thick mix on the applicator that works great for catching the few drips off the squeegee. 
Yup multi purpose ladders come in super handy right @Part Timer?

Back