Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any jobs in wales?

AGlassAct

Anyone got a permanent job in Wales for me? Preferably by the coast or south Anglesey. We’ve sold our house and are ready to move. Can’t afford anywhere around @Pjj otherwise I’d be asking for something down south ? need to be out by June otherwise we are staying put.
This is genuine, not my usual sarcastic post ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got a permanent job in Wales for me? Preferably by the coast or south Anglesey. We’ve sold our house and are ready to move. Can’t afford anywhere around @Pjj otherwise I’d be asking for something down south ? need to be out by June otherwise we are staying out. 
This is genuine, not my usual sarcastic post ?
Lol you are more than welcome to come down hear , Ime sure we can sort you out some work . 

Lol you are more than welcome to come down hear , Ime sure we can sort you out some work . 
I don’t want to be self employed any more - happy to slog my guts out for a better quality of life with no stress. Where are you based @Pjj I vaguely recall you being on the expensive end of the south ?

I don’t want to be self employed any more - happy to slog my guts out for a better quality of life with no stress. Where are you based @Pjj I vaguely recall you being on the expensive end of the south ?
really?

i could never go back to working for a window cleaner again......i earn a lot more money these days for a lot less hours...whats not to like?

this window cleaning game is just so easy these days!no collecting and no climbing ladders!these were the two biggest things i used to hate about running a window cleaning business....

really?

i could never go back to working for a window cleaner again......i earn a lot more money these days for a lot less hours...whats not to like?

this window cleaning game is just so easy these days!no collecting and no climbing ladders!these were the two biggest things i used to hate about running a window cleaning business....
I agree, but now I have a potential employee joining the ranks and see how much he’s enjoying it with no stresses, no weather worries, no equipment and hose reel failures - I wonder if I’m on the right side of the fence. Don’t get me wrong the money is fantastic  - but I’ve been in highly paid jobs all my life and trying to get a mortgage being the only earner frustrates me no end!!! I’ve sold my house and wonder if a completely fresh start is the best medicine?

I agree, but now I have a potential employee joining the ranks and see how much he’s enjoying it with no stresses, no weather worries, no equipment and hose reel failures - I wonder if I’m in the right side of the fence. Don’t get me wrong the money is fantastic  - but I’ve been in highly paid jobs all my life and trying to get a mortgage being the only earner frustrates me no end!!! I’ve sold my house and wonder if a completely fresh start is the best medicine?
hope it works out for you mate......i dont see how running a window cleaning business is stressful though?its one of the least stressful businesses to run IMO......with round software too its easy to keep your books up to date and work schedule organised.....

im off now until monday....all my work completed in 4 days this week,water purified for monday,batteries on charge,worksheets downloaded to phone,slips and invoices printed,cloths washed and dried.....ive done around 25 hours this week including admin and end of the day jobs....

i can relax now for 3 days!?

I agree, but now I have a potential employee joining the ranks and see how much he’s enjoying it with no stresses, no weather worries, no equipment and hose reel failures - I wonder if I’m in the right side of the fence. Don’t get me wrong the money is fantastic  - but I’ve been in highly paid jobs all my life and trying to get a mortgage being the only earner frustrates me no end!!! I’ve sold my house and wonder if a completely fresh start is the best medicine?
Sometimes stress stops people from being able to think clearly as all you can see is trouble. Why not sit down and just have a look at what you're doing. You must be doing ok as you're going to employ. Can you not filter your work so you can have 4 relatively stress free days a week where you can gross £200 - £250 a day. If you do this for 4 weeks a month you'll gross £38K - £48K a year. This leaves you with a total of 4 weeks a year to do what you want or to catch up on the bad weather days.

This is turning in to a woe is me post ?‍♂️ - I’m not struggling, I have my off days like most (I have around £60k of work with a week free for add ons- I clean 6 weekly) I’d decided to employ to relieve the ‘pressure’ as I have two boys (adopted) that have quite significant needs, so I need to go home and help out when needed. The guy that’s coming to work for me is brilliant - ex aircraft engineer like me and would love to buy the business or be a Francisee. Thus presenting an opportunity - I was genuinely asking if anyone has an opportunity somewhere else as I’ve been let down by the person we were meant to be buying from (and the whole reason we’d decided to sell in the first place). Now we have sold we are in a position to go wherever we like as nothing local is suitable or really affordable. Obviously we can stay put and extend what we have, but I really don’t like letting people down, and our buyers are lovely.  We can’t really remortgage but can transfer what we have. I’ve been looking at houses in Cornwall as well @Pjj it might be possible ? I’m an absolute genius at fixing, making, designing and grafting - only issue is I am waaaay OCD to be a window cleaner ?‍♂️ maybe I should be more splash and dash like @dazmond (you’ve openly said your a splash and dasher but I apologise if it offends!!)

maybe I should be more splash and dash like @dazmond (you’ve openly said your a splash and dasher but I apologise if it offends!!)
? I don't think Daz gets offended. 

In all honesty, being accused of a splasher and dasher, is simply recognition of an extremely efficient worker. 

It makes me laugh when you see wfp operators making a huge song and dance "rinsing" off the glass etc, standing there for ages basicly wasting water and causing a local flood! ?

Just get on and clean them, move onto the next property. Get them done as quickly and efficiently as possible, that's what it's all about. 

??

Back